Your favorite live performances

Beastie Boys at Lolapalooza in ‘94 was pretty special.

Off the top of my head, this is my favorite concert of all time:

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio 2001

Coming in a very close second:

Shpongle - Live At The Roundhouse 2008

And I will throw one more out there:

Pendulum - Live At Brixton Academy

The guitar tone in this performance is insane. It's like a buttery smooth chainsaw

In person - Chris Cornell acoustic...small venue. 8 rows back. Amazing

youtube - SRV anything from El Mocambo but Texas Flood is the best.

overall, too many to count but these came to mind first.

edit: wow i don’t know how i could have forgot this. might be my fav ever

Last edited:
Pantera opened for Sabbath??<{MindBrown}> What a pairing!!
Surprisingly my parents went to the 1999 reunion tour in which Pantera opened for Sabbath

I asked them years later how was it and they said "that guy from Pantera was intense, he flicked off our section told us to F off"

I saw Bad Religion with Biohazard at Wetlands in NYC in 1997. Amazing energy.

Surprisingly my parents went to the 1999 reunion tour in which Pantera opened for Sabbath

I asked them years later how was it and they said "that guy from Pantera was intense, he flicked off our section told us to F off"
Lol....no surprise there;) Anselmo is a madman on stage.In the times I'd seen Pantera the entire band always ripped it up.

I meant to ask mate,any idea why he was so hostile towards your parents section?

Beastie Boys at Lolapalooza in ‘94 was pretty special.

The first 4 lollapaloozas were amazing when looking back at all of the great bands I was able to see at those shows. Ministry in 92 is in my top 5 live performances. Shit was insane!

My number one live performance is Prince Musicology tour in 2004. Nobody performs like that man, he was just amazing.

John Paul Jones at the Park West in Chicago on his Zooma tour in 2000. Zooma is a desert island cd for me and this show just ripped! Seeing him live really made me appreciate how much he contributed to Zep's music.

John Lee Hooker at Fleahd festival in 98 standing about 10 feet in front of the man himself in a sweaty ass small tent. That shit was magic, so glad I got to see him while he was still around.

Daft Punk at Lollapalooza in 2007 was fucking awesome as well. Not sure how or if they'll ever top the Pyramid Shows from that tour. The production was just out of this world for that show.

That's a handful of my favorites, honorable mentions to Phish's Moby Dick show and Drive-In set, Wayne Shorter, Ozric Tentacles, Richie Havens, Liquid Tension Experiment, Camp Bisco 4 and Sonic Youth...amongst others.

Back