Your favorite Metal genre?

Behemoth, Septicflesh, Meshuggah, Enslaved, Mastodon and plenty more.

Prog
Death Core
Death Metal

And all of its infinite variety!

doommetal2_zpsd402d558.png

and its various other sub genresfrom there...sludge,stoner, drone...whatever
Lol

There is no clear favorite for me, though black metal would be what I listen to most frequently. That said, I have bands I enjoy from nearly style, with the exception of nu-metal. And modern thrash doesn't really work for me, unless it's part of a genre crossover.

Please stop separating it into sub-groups like autistic weirdo people.. You're fkn killing it dead. It's fkn music, hard rock music.

Please stop seperating it into sub groups like 'MMA', 'Boxing', 'BJJ', it's fkn fighting, two people going at it.

Fine.. You guys want it dead? Keep killing it.

You can't be that fkn weird and anal about it and still just go nuts in a pit, like what used to happen when this music wasn't BURIED like it is today. You don't have to be a fkn Warcraft pseudo intellectual weak-ass aspy to like heavy metal. And that's what it is, heavy metal, and maybe alternative metal. The sub-groups in that diagram are fkn stupid, for the reasons I stated and 20 more. California alternative rock was never any kind of metal, but you dorks wouldn't know that because none of you were old enough to be in music when EVERYBODY had Pantera, metallica, Def tones. Led Zepplin, Beastie Boys, and portis-head CDs in their car. Popular chicks, jocks, everybody.

You nerds will make sure it stays dead. Fine. It's not that important anyway. We need white people to make good music again that is somewhat popular, but I guess it doesn't have to be "pirate metal."

They played Sepultera on the radio back in the 90's. Good times. Huge dudes slamming in pits with 20,000 people watching. Now if somebody asked if you wanted to go see (a group like) Pantera, you would have aspy jr. go into a low IQ wannabe intelligent sounding rant about how he isn't sure if "groove metal" is his thing. Holy sh*t.

The fighting metaphor is stupid. The variances used by some of you to separate are ridiculous.

You can't be that fkn weird and anal about it and still just go nuts in a pit, like what used to happen when this music wasn't BURIED like it is today. You don't have to be a fkn Warcraft pseudo intellectual weak-ass aspy to like heavy metal. And that's what it is, heavy metal, and maybe alternative metal. The sub-groups in that diagram are fkn stupid, for the reasons I stated and 20 more. California alternative rock was never any kind of metal, but you dorks wouldn't know that because none of you were old enough to be in music when EVERYBODY had Pantera, metallica, Def tones. Led Zepplin, Beastie Boys, and portis-head CDs in their car. Popular chicks, jocks, everybody.

You nerds will make sure it stays dead. Fine. It's not that important anyway. We need white people to make good music again that is somewhat popular, but I guess it doesn't have to be "pirate metal."

They played Sepultera on the radio back in the 90's. Good times. Huge dudes slamming in pits with 20,000 people watching. Now if somebody asked if you wanted to go see (a group like) Pantera, you would have aspy jr. go into a low IQ wannabe intelligent sounding rant about how he isn't sure if "groove metal" is his thing. Holy sh*t.

The fighting metaphor is stupid. The variances used by some of you to separate are ridiculous.

If you don't want it dead, my suggestion is to leave your house, go to shows - big and small - see what's actually out there today. Help out with some local shows, go find a rehearsal room and see how active they are, just get involved. The metal scene is thriving right now, perhaps it's you who isn't able to see it. Mainstream popularity has nothing to do with the quality of music being produced, or the quantity either. With the massive breakthroughs of internet distribution and the availability of high quality, affordable recording equipment, it's now far easier for bands or individuals to put turn their vision into reality and share it with the world.

And if I'm wrong and your local scene is a genuine pussbucket, then I'm sorry about that - but don't think that you can then tar everyone else with the same brush. Where I'm from, you'll see some of the most extreme and ruthless bands in the world performing to an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd - the same crowd that was watching the power metal and trad bands the other week and the prog bands the week before that - and then later that night find yourself doing karaoke to Thin Lizzy, The Angels, Faith No More and even shit like Dr Dre with the very same people that were on stage smashing out music so completely unrelated to the stuff that everyone is having partying along to.

If you're going to judge the current state of an ever popular and fiercely supported music genre on discussions on the internet, then you're doing it wrong.

Edit: apologies if I'm being a dick or anything, it's just something I fairly passionate about and can't stand undeserved negativity. Enjoy what you like and get on with life.

asian-crying.gif

Nothing wrong with breaking into sub genres, as it helps to find bands with the same style. Tags on last.fm helped me find so many great bands I would never have heard otherwise.
This man, this.

You know what killed Metal in the mainstream? MTV. But who cares if Metal is mainstream anymore? It's still a thriving genre of music with millions upon millions of new bands all over the place and more diversity than ever.

Back when Amerkuricana or whatever was listening too Metal it was much simpler, Thrash wasn't even a developed genre yet, Death/Black Metal was just getting started, but today there's way more too it, it's alot harder to find bands you'd like without categories and descriptions to give you an idea of what you're getting into.

The guy's just bitchy because it takes a genuine effort to enjoy the music nowadays, because he can't turn on primtime TV and find new bands.

I just listen to metal..
I guess thrash would be my go to.
But Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands ever.

I like S metal..That's bands that begin with the letter s..
Soundgarden.
Slayer.
Slipknot
Sepultura.
Soulfly
Static X
And a club 7.

I fucking hate labels to be honest...

Carnival metal - Mr Bungle, Dog Fashion Disco, Stolen Babies

Metal bands that do different things with the genre - Celtic Frost, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Diablo Swing Orchestra

Last edited:
I just listen to metal..
I guess thrash would be my go to.
But Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands ever.

I like S metal..That's bands that begin with the letter s..
Soundgarden.
Slayer.
Slipknot
Sepultura.
Soulfly
Static X
And a club 7.

I fucking hate labels to be honest...
Big up to a club 7
<{yearp}>

Back