Your favorite movie of 2016

Pick your favorite movie of 2016!

• Total voters
I went for HOHW - I just love a slow-burner. Arrival is probably the closest rival for me, if there were a couple of tweaks to that movie I'd have given it 10/10.

Oh definitely. Even at his worst he still shows talent and makes films far more interesting than the average tent pole summer blockbuster.

I'm fine with people hating on him. His visual style of filmmaking is what I like most about him. @Kafir-kun

large.gif

I'm fine with people hating on him. His visual style of filmmaking is what I like most about him. @Kafir-kun

large.gif
Yeah same here. I get why some people don't like NWR's style but his unique aesthetic and the way he uses film to convey it is great to watch for me personally. Drive has more mass appeal and so its a movie I make a point of showing too my friends to see if they catch the NWF bug.

I went for HOHW - I just love a slow-burner. Arrival is probably the closest rival for me, if there were a couple of tweaks to that movie I'd have given it 10/10.

Same, up I went with hohw bc I really liked the acting performances and the script was really well done.

Arrival is really awesome too and imo the best movie of last year, just not my personal favorite.

Yeah same here. I get why some people don't like NWR's style but his unique aesthetic and the way he uses film to convey it is great to watch for me personally. Drive has more mass appeal and so its a movie I make a point of showing too my friends to see if they catch the NWF bug.

His films isn't for the regular moviegoer. I prefer visual storytelling style than movies with unnecessary dialogue. @Kafir-kun

kst11.gif

just saw this last night. it was really good. It was strange, but in a good way.

Spoilers if people haven't seen it:

I thought it was brilliant moving between the book and his real life seeing how he felt in reality by the torture he put them through in the story and the end was brilliant. The whole thing was a fucked up revenge story.

Spoilers if people haven't seen it:

I thought it was brilliant moving between the book and his real life seeing how he felt in reality by the torture he put them through in the story and the end was brilliant. The whole thing was a fucked up revenge story.

Yeah, I missed the first few minutes of it so when the book story started, between that and the flashbacks I had no idea what was going on. Figured it out pretty quick though, and it was enjoyable after that. Michael Shannon's character was awesome and I was really rooting for that dude to put a hurting on Kickass and his crew. And the ending, in the real world, yeah that was the best part. Bitch deserved that.

Back