Your favorite pro sports team of any era (and why)

80's Lakers
90's Bulls
Golden age Santos
Golden age of heavyweight Boxing

68 Miracle Mets
"from worst to first"
won the WS from waay back

Jets with Namath.
Broadway Joe predicted they'd win the SB early in the season.
brash, confident.
they won.

yankees-logo.jpg

The winningest baseball team of all time. Suck on that, Red Sox fans.

Biggest CHOKE in the history of pro sports too. How are those Knicks doing?

2001 Patriots because no one thought they'd beat St. Louis and it was Brady and Belicheck's coming out party.

2004 Sox because of breaking the curse and coming back from 3-0 versus the evil empire.

1986 Celtics because it was an amazing team: Larry Legend, Ainge, Parish, Mchale, DJ...

Early 2000s Vancouver Canucks. Naslund, Bertuzzi, the Sedins, Jovonovski, Ohlund, Cooke, Ruutu... Just a great cast of characters, they never really did anything in the playoffs despite several dominant seasons. It all ended when that pussy Steve Moore had to be a tough guy and cheap shot Naslund then refuse to fight Bert. Bert had to teach him a lesson and that was the end of our 'dream team.'

Yea hes right they wont have a problem filling up the stadium and Im sure it will be a massive financial success but the mystique and aura of going to a Raiders home game is gone forever
Now to most people that doesnt matter but as an Oakland fan it sucks to see something you loved and supported as much as I did this team, get ripped from you and turned into just another family friendly lounge attraction like the fuckin Jabbawockeez or the Blue Man Group
Oakland loves their teams much more than a lot of places
Bill Romanowski said it best "san francisco and denver love their teams but the raiders are like a religion out here"
Oakland is a blue collar gritty town(at least it was til all the tech workers moved in and started gentrifying the place) and that shows in their undying loyalty to the raiders, warriors and a's but money talks and thats why the warriors will be playing in san francisco soon and the raiders bitched up and moved outta town

It will definitely not be the same in vegas
No more home field advantage with fans planning their vacations around when their team plays in vegas
No I already turned in my season tickets for the upcoming season in Oakland
Like you said I truly did love this team but all I got in return was disappointment and disloyalty
I stayed loyal and bought my season tickets through years and years of this team being considered the biggest joke in sports but that wasnt enough so fuck em
As a Niners fan I usually derive great pleasure and popcorn eating from Raider misery, but it actually curdled my blood this morning when your owner tried to trot out those crocodile tears about how he felt conflicted fucking over the city of Oakland.

You made your bed, lizard. Lie in it. Californians hate you.

um no. i have always liked the lions. i also liked the chargers when i was younger because they were exciting. still preferred the lions. the raiders were never my team, but i liked them, ok. just because you like one team doesnt mean you have to hate every other team.

i liked the titans because they arrived while i was in nashville. i still preferred the lions, but i worked for them (and the predators) for three years. even got to work at the super bowl when they played.

i am not sure you are aware of what a "dickrider" means. i have never liked the yankees, the heat, the warriors (let me guess you have ALWAYS supported them) the cubs, the patriots or any other popular team of the week. i have always supported my hometown team and the teams of the city i am living in. that is normal and should be expected. but yes, i am dickriding the lions. have been ever since the eric hipple days.

i hope you are getting it all out of your system. raider fans have always been the lowest class fans in the league. hopefully most of them will stay with you in oakland
Oaktown isn't all bad.

Not much of a pro sports guy nowadays, but I'd be lying if I did say I wasn't an MJ Bulls fan.

Right now my only real alligence is to my home state team.
IMG_1070.PNG
Basketball - Both men's and women's teams.
Football - I'm really hoping Edsall can get us back on track (again).

Manchester United.
Why?
Because it's Manchester United!

Not much of a pro sports guy nowadays, but I'd be lying if I did say I wasn't an MJ Bulls fan.

Right now my only real alligence is to my home state team.
View attachment 216651
Basketball - Both men's and women's teams.
Football - I'm really hoping Edsall can get us back on track (again).

Diaco was a disaster.

blue-jays-1993.jpg

Either of the two world series teams revolving around this guy.

Biggest CHOKE in the history of pro sports too. How are those Knicks doing?

2001 Patriots because no one thought they'd beat St. Louis and it was Brady and Belicheck's coming out party.

2004 Sox because of breaking the curse and coming back from 3-0 versus the evil empire.

1986 Celtics because it was an amazing team: Larry Legend, Ainge, Parish, Mchale, DJ...

Biggest choke, ha. And how many times have we kicked your ass before that? Let's speak in terms of volume instead of the drama behind the comeback. 27 to 8. While I won't deny that the 2004 ALCS was a helluva comeback on your part, you guys were dry for 86 years before that. Thanks, Babe.

The Giants are 2-0 against the Pats in the Super Bowl. Don't forget that.

Bah, I won't be rooting for the Knicks as long as that team cancer, Carmelo Anthony, continues to play for them. I haven't taken them seriously since Jeff Van Gundy left back in 2001 or when they drove Jeremy Lin out of New York after that epic Linsanity run.

Time and time again that incompetent jerkoff, James Dolan, has shown clearly that he has no business in owning a basketball team. Leprechaun looking ass motherfucker disrespected a fellow Knicks fan of 70 something years to go root for another team because the "Knicks don't need fans like him." Pathetic.

I root for the Nets now.

Last edited:
Back