Your favorite Stephen King adaptation(s)

What's your favorite Stephen King adaptation?

• Total voters
Did I write something uncoherent? I'm pretty blazed right now.

Yeah, that whole series of statements is full of WTF. Let's break it down:

Running Man was okay, I guess.

This indicates that you have seen it and thought it was okay.

Haven't seen It yet.

Wait, what? So you haven't actually seen it?

Don't like like the other ones.

What other ones? Like, every single other film on the list or are you talking about something else?

And you forgot “the langoliers”.

. . . forgot?

the-langoliers.jpg

I would say Misery is the greatest improvement upon the book. The screenplay streamlined everything and got rid of the chaff.

I would say Dolores Claiborne is the biggest dropoff from the book. It did the opposite and added a bunch of stupid bullshit like a legal drama that wasn't there (movie was made at the height of the Grisham film adaptation era). Also Cujo was a good book that resulted in only a middling movie.

The Stand is a very good book that's simply difficult altogether to adapt to the screen. It's his Dune.

I think a lot of people may disagree with that. It was goofy as fuck.

Maybe just my memory. It seemed cool when I was younger. Although that shouldn’t mean much. I tried re watching the never ending story....that shit just dosent hold up.

no love for The Dark Half??
HIGHLY underrated IMO... one of my favorites and I think I've seen every King adaptation
The mini series they did a few years ago was good as well (it was based on his short stories)

Maybe just my memory. It seemed cool when I was younger. Although that shouldn’t mean much. I tried re watching the never ending story....that shit just dosent hold up.

Probably best to just hold onto that memory. I do not think you'd be impressed if you revisited it.

source.gif

Oh, and Dreamcatcher is a mediocre book that was turned into an outright terrible movie.

Yeah, that whole series of statements is full of WTF. Let's break it down:

Running Man was okay, I guess.

This indicates that you have seen it and thought it was okay.

Haven't seen It yet.

Wait, what? So you haven't actually seen it?

Don't like like the other ones.

What other ones? Like, every single other film on the list or are you talking about something else?

Lol okay, I haven't seen 'It (2017)' yet. No personal pronoun right there. Apart from the five movies I listed I didn't really enjoy the other films/shows from the poll.

Lol okay, I haven't seen 'It (2017)' yet. No personal pronoun right there. Apart from the five movies I listed I didn't really enjoy the other films/shows from the poll.

Gotcha. Sorry, I missed that capital "I".

Sounds like it's definitely time for a rewatch to double check that opinion.

You know, when I rewatch a film, it's because something gave me the idea that maybe I judged it unfairly the first time around. Dreamcatcher is not one of those films.

It's amazing just how many of his stories have been adapted. Is he the most adapted author in history? It wouldn't surprise me.

You know, when I rewatch a film, it's because something gave me the idea that maybe I judged it unfairly the first time around. Dreamcatcher is not one of those films.

It's amazing just how many of his stories have been adapted. Is he the most adapted author in history? It wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe. Somebody makes a Hamlet movie every 5 years though.

Maybe. Somebody makes a Hamlet movie every 5 years though.

Yeah, I'm thinking more in terms of individual titles that have been adapted, not the same stories that have been adapted multiple times.

Though now that I think about it, Agatha Christie may have him beat. She legit has had something like 100 individual titles adapted for the screen.

Back