Your favourite K-1 great

i never heard anything about Masato being racist against anyone,dude trained for significant time in Thailand in the early of his career,no one ever said it...

Buakaw lives in a Country where protests against the government is illegal and who tries it ends up in a cell.

Thailand has passed for almost 80 years military dictatorships,he got raised and influenced to believe that it is good,the army protects the nation and all the classic brainwashing of totalitarian countries,i dont judge him if he actually thinks this is right,or even if he dont agree but fear for retaliation of the government

Well I did once see a post where on a tv show they had invited a female Korean kickboxer , to fight some comedians, but really they were cormer fighters and they went rough on her.

That seemed racist to me, also I guess it's not massatos fault but the K1 judges have always seemed to rule in favor of Japanese fighters(typicaly against other asians)even when they were losing

Well I did once see a post where on a tv show they had invited a female Korean kickboxer , to fight some comedians, but really they were cormer fighters and they went rough on her.

That seemed racist to me, also I guess it's not massatos fault but the K1 judges have always seemed to rule in favor of Japanese fighters(typicaly against other asians)even when they were losing
You seem like the racist here.

buakaw

as much as i love ernesto and hug I just don't like the heavyweight division.

@theranch

Andy Hug may have not been the best but I always liked his style. Best axe kick Eva!!

Also before that poser Conrad Mcgoobs, Serkan Yilmaz was throwing "spinning shit"

<{natewhut}> . And of course Sombat Banchamek ( Buakaw ). But that is obvious.

Andy Hug, Fancisco Filho and cause he's Aussie Sam Greco (went to a seminar of his though and it wasn't that great though in all honesty)... (Yes, all kyokushin practitioners) but that's what got me into martial arts in a serious manner lol as I was training kyokushin back then too.

Le Banner
Bonjasky
Gago Drago

buakaw

as much as i love ernesto and hug I just don't like the heavyweight division.

The HW division back in K-1 was entertaining and there were some great fights. Watching Andy Hug, Ernesto Hoost, Francisco Filho, Glaube Feitosa, Jerome Le Banner etc. was mega nice.

But watching Buakaw in K-1 was just something else indeed :)

You seem like the racist here.

Not racist but he's got a point. The Japanese judges tend to favour their own a lot, I've seen it happen plenty of times in Kyokushin and K-1.

Not racist but he's got a point. The Japanese judges tend to favour their own a lot, I've seen it happen plenty of times in Kyokushin and K-1.

He got no point. Every country has hometown decisions. And he didn't say the japanese judges favor japanese fighters, he straight up called Masato a racist.

Last edited:
He got no point. Every country has hometown decisions. And he didn't say the japanese judges favor japanese fighters, he straight up called Masato a racist.

Every country has hometown decisions indeed but you gotta admit that some countries do tend to have more hometown decisions than others, particularly in Japan. Same with seeding fighters for tournaments in a way to guarantee that their own fighters can go further. And I'm saying that objectively as someone who's mostly trained in Japanese martial arts with a lot of adoration for that country.

@Azam would you not agree?

I must have missed something about him calling Masato a racist though.

I must have missed something about him calling Masato a racist though.

then maybe first read one and a half pages of replies before you argue about what comments people here make?

Buakaw- despite his shenanigans and supporting a corrupt dictatorship

Massato- despite his racism against other Asians

Buakaw, and Masato were my favorites.
for the less then greats i love me some tatsuji

Back