Your Least Favorite Playable Main Character

D

Drake

This thread was inspired by one of my ol' buds who said he absolutely hated Detective Cole Phelps from LA Noire :)

tumblr_lsu7t3fOxD1qjioed.jpg

I can't exactly think of who mine is right now.

Who's your least favorite main character you've played as in a game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy from Watch Dogs

Can't think of anyone i actually hated. i was even pretty indifferent to Delsin from Infamous Second Son. who a lot of people despised. i guess there's a lot of boring, generic characters though.

I'm guessing Squall and Tidus will get the most votes

That main character from The Darkness. I didn't play it for long but he seemed like a walking Goth cliche.

Toss up between 2 for me:
Kratos from God of War - selfish mass-murdering prick imo
Niko Belic from GTA IV - Dull, hypocritical mass murderer who moves to Liberty City to get away from violence and ends up murdering most of the city. While simultaneously putting up with the must incredibly pushy friends demanding they go do stuff.

first 2 responses are good ones, with that said the OST for both those games(especially la noire) are incredible.

on topic, i was never a fan of titus from ffx nor squall from 8. dishonorable mention to raiden in mgs2

Max Payne from the first two games was an awesome troubled anti-hero.

Max Payne from MP3 was just an asshole who was bad at his job and who caused more problems than he solved.

The revolutionary prick from the Just Cause games.

He's what Jon Woo wished Che Guevara was like, when in reality he was a communist mass murderer.

Raiden, obviously.

The boring black dude from GTAV. Kinda wished they made his crazy friend the character you played as.

Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank. Lucky the games were good, because the character sucks.

Johnny Klebitz from GTA IV Lost and Damned. I generally liked the story but the character is horribly written. Worst GTA protaganist.
lol.jpg

The MC from Farcry 3 was like the biggest bro-douche. He even grew stronger by getting shitty tribal tattoos.

The MC from Farcry 3 was like the biggest bro-douche. He even grew stronger by getting shitty tribal tattoos.

Yeah he was a fucker.

I totally hated Raiden from Metal Gear. What a fucking stupid idea to switch Snake.

And making Big Boss a fake in MSG V totally killed the game for me.

And that fucking whiney bitch in Assassins Creed America.

Johnny Klebitz from GTA IV Lost and Damned. I generally liked the story but the character is horribly written. Worst GTA protaganist.
lol.jpg

Probably my favorite character ever in the series.

Raiden in MGS2.
Niko in GTA4.
Geralt in Witcher 3.

Back