Your longest gaming session (with breaks no more than 10 minutes)

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not very proud of it, but I clocked just over 23 hours in WoW: Cataclysm expansion on release.

I made short breaks for toilet only as I got ready to eat food on the table.

After session ended I had 10 empty cans of Monster, empty packages of chocolate, chips and following day I slept 16 hours straight (another record set).

I've probably gone 8 or 9 hours on a GTA or Bethesda game but always with short breaks to piss, re-beer, and snack.

I'm a developer so I've spent more time actually planted in a deskchair and designing/coding than on a couch or lazyboy gaming. He former is way harder on me because of the staring at text.

Either way, it' not fuckin good for your body.

Not very proud of it, but I clocked just over 23 hours in WoW: Cataclysm expansion on release.

I made short breaks for toilet only as I got ready to eat food on the table.

After session ended I had 10 empty cans of Monster, empty packages of chocolate, chips and following day I slept 16 hours straight (another record set).
I had my mom believing my brother was on meth due to the amount of time he put into WoW and Diablo II. I'd wake up go to work he'd be playing I'd get home he'd be playing I'd go to bed and he'd be playing and so on. I also worked with a guy whose wife left him over his addiction to Diablo 2. As for me 12-14hrs max on multiple games maybe towards 20 on a couple of the destiny 1 dlc drops.

I've had multiple ridiculously long gaming sessions. I have always had a really high tolerance to being tired and have been able to stay up for very long periods of time. On expac releases for MMO's I have easily done 36 hour gaming sessions with no sleep. I think I did something similar with Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, and several other things. I spent a lot of time around my grandfather who was a great depression era guy and he always said "when you work you give it everything you've got, and when you play you give that everything you've got too so you don't regret it when you get back down to business."

as a kid/teen probably like 12 hours. as an adult? maybe an hour and a half tops.

When Mario 64 came out I think I did ten hours straight. Now if I game more than 4 or 5 hours straight I get massive headaches and feel like a shlub

I think I've played 11 to 12 hours straight on a couple occasions...Skyrim and Fallout 4 come to mind.

Idk maybe 12 hours straight, played 12-18 in a day many many times though.

I put in a lot of 36 hour MUD sessions and slept in my chair in the computer lab back in the 90s. Consistently played at least 18-20 hours daily after WoW came out for probably the first 1.5 years or so.

When I got Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 in 1997 or whatever it was, I played it for 2 and a half days with no sleep until I completed it.

i'm surprised by these answers.

i've done ~50 hour sessions too many times. although, i did take breaks to lift (pause for a set, back to game, pause few minutes later for next set), if it was an 'on' day. i also often worked from home, so i could just 'phone it in' and get away with it unless i did it too frequently.

when i played poe regularly, i'd do a 40-50+ hour session at the start of most leagues.

now that i think of it, almost all of the long sessions were arpgs and laddered (poe, d2).

but i also was used to looong/crazy poker games/sessions, too. and lived with a coke dealing poker junkie, so i would stay up all paranoid when a game was happening at our place, anyway...

Maybe 4-5 hrs.

Long video game marathons can literally cause you to die in real life. Don't be reckless.

Did you guys wear adult diapers or have a pit crew collect your pee in a bottle?

Maybe 4-5 hrs.

Long video game marathons can literally cause you to die in real life. Don't be reckless.

...so can everything/anything. including sleeping. don't be reckless, never sleep.

The weekend after The Witcher 3 released. It consisted of waking up at 7am, eating breakfast, getting some laundry going, forgetting about my laundry for 3-4 hours as I binged on the game, and then breaks here and there for food and a shower. I went to bed around 3 or 4 am the next morning. Felt good. :D

binged Halo 3 online about 3 straight hours, thats the most single time i played, and that was local online, i can't world wide online because of our slow internet in the arctic

Me and three or four of my friends used to get together on a weekend set up a couple of tvs and Xbox and get some 4 player Coop campaign going on Halo 3, Reach and ODST and some sessions of firefighter.

We'd have pizza and beers and probably play a good 8 hours, normally switched to full band Rock Band towards the end.

at most maybe 12h one some occasion

aint doing that anymore, you feel like complete shit afterward

as a kid/teen probably like 12 hours. as an adult? maybe an hour and a half tops.

I wouldn’t say “as an adult”, but definitely as a parent it’s been cut down to like an hour an a half tops.

I wouldn’t say “as an adult”, but definitely as a parent it’s been cut down to like an hour an a half tops.

Was underway for a month and came home a few days early while my wife and kids were still on vaccation. Think I had a 20hour binge after or two

Probably 4-5 hours on a weekend when I have nothing else to do that day. I don't understand how people can do those marathon sessions. It's usually for a shitty online game as well.

Back