Your longest gaming session (with breaks no more than 10 minutes)

I have consistently hit 16-18 hours through out my sad life:

WoW when I was a teen
Guild Wars when I was a teen
Maplestory when I was a kid
DayZ when I was a teen
Oblivion when I was a teen
Skyrim when I was a teen
Fallout 3 when I was a teen
Fallout 4 when it came out
Destiny when I first got it like 2 years ago
The Division when it first came out - Like 3 of my co workers got it too and we reached the max level in like 3 days.

Me and 2 buddies were all in to motor racing years ago and we did a proper 24 hour race in a Le Mans 24 game. Think we split it down in to 4 hour shifts.

Bro, take it easy on those energy drinks buddy. The human liver can only sustain so many toxins before it craps the bed... lots of people have succumbed to liver failure for a lot less than you just consumed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/energy-drinks-caused-acute-hepatitis-liver-damage-doctors-report/
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...e-as-reports-link-deaths-to-its-energy-drinks

As for gaming I've done 10-12 hour sessions when Destiny first came out... I played that game like a mad man.

I can't remember the specific amounts of time, but it would have to be D2, WoW or a Bethesda release. I'm leaning towards early WoW. Some weekends were just a haze.

I did about 30 hours on Battlefield 1942, I woke up with with my head on the keyboard.

Bro, take it easy on those energy drinks buddy. The human liver can only sustain so many toxins before it craps the bed... lots of people have succumbed to liver failure for a lot less than you just consumed.

One documented case report and one news article of suspected hepatic injury secondary to excessive niacin intake isn’t “lots of people” dying from liver failure. The amount of niacin consumed in these cases was well below the quantity expected to cause toxicity. They just suspected niacin because they couldn’t find any other reason. Dude also has hep C, which muddles the picture. It’s not super uncommon to see liver injury and not find a definite cause, and it’s easy to get case reports like this published. Color me unconvinced.

Two sessions of 36+ hours of Counterstrike...

The first time I did it, a giant tub of gummy bears and a 2-liter bottle of dr pepper fueled my gaming. Not the healthiest way of gaming but whatever...

10+ hour WoW raids on a regular basis back when the game was about 1 year old

usually also played before and after so more like 16-18 hours probably

I put in a lot of 36 hour MUD sessions and slept in my chair in the computer lab back in the 90s. Consistently played at least 18-20 hours daily after WoW came out for probably the first 1.5 years or so.

You played a game for 18-20 hours nearly every day for 1.5 years? Wtf, are you serious?

You played a game for 18-20 hours nearly every day for 1.5 years? Wtf, are you serious?

i've seen it happen too many times.

when wow came out, a lot of my friends just vanished. even those with high paying, super 'need to be responsible' jobs (ie: an air traffic controller and an engineer with lockheed martin, for 2 examples) became full-blown wow addicts and were staying up allllll night playing and then going into work with literally no sleep. i'm not one to criticize reckless behavior when it's selfish, but i was pissed that one would risk people's lives that that (cto). he had a "deal" (a fuckup involving 2 planes getting too close) and freaked out about it... and didn't learn and did the same shit - wow junkie, rolls into work.

I didn't do much else but game and sleep. I played in the top PVE guild in the US and then moved to one of the top PVP servers and was IMO the best mage at the time. That shit takes a lot of hours and dedication. I ran a gold farming company that paid the bills and was pretty easy money. No regrets!

Not very proud of it, but I clocked just over 23 hours in WoW: Cataclysm expansion on release.

I made short breaks for toilet only as I got ready to eat food on the table.

After session ended I had 10 empty cans of Monster, empty packages of chocolate, chips and following day I slept 16 hours straight (another record set).
Did you at least grind all new levels?

One documented case report and one news article of suspected hepatic injury secondary to excessive niacin intake isn’t “lots of people” dying from liver failure. The amount of niacin consumed in these cases was well below the quantity expected to cause toxicity. They just suspected niacin because they couldn’t find any other reason. Dude also has hep C, which muddles the picture. It’s not super uncommon to see liver injury and not find a definite cause, and it’s easy to get case reports like this published. Color me unconvinced.

To each their own but it's still not a great idea to put 10 Monsters into your body over a 24 hour period. While there might not be tomes of evidence at this particular point there wasn't tomes of evidence to link cancer and cigarettes for many years.

Maybe 4-5 hrs.

Long video game marathons can literally cause you to die in real life. Don't be reckless.

Did you guys wear adult diapers or have a pit crew collect your pee in a bottle?
like in South Park?

as a kid/teen probably like 12 hours. as an adult? maybe an hour and a half tops.

ditto. played counterstrike like a fiend one weekend, was dark when i first started playing, looked out again, it was dawn.

Wow. I think the most time I've put in in a sitting was maybe 4 hours. I love video games, but I never had the attention span for some of the times you guys have done.

ditto. played counterstrike like a fiend one weekend, was dark when i first started playing, looked out again, it was dawn.

Quake 1 / team fortress / mega tf was my poison.... I've lost many a day to that darn game!

Quake 1 / team fortress / mega tf was my poison.... I've lost many a day to that darn game!

in high school, we had a LAN party one day after school...30 PCs hooked up to quake.

Back