Your Most Awkward Jiu-Jitsu Situation

Well this is just terrible but ok here it goes.... I had a match with a guy that was much bigger then me. He had me pinned and the guy weighs like 290 pounds lots of pressure on me. Well I ate chili for supper before class and anyways I managed to land a sweep and was working for an armbar.... I was trying for that armbar so hard my guts were turning the veins were sticking out of my head... I landed the armbar he tapped and then second I released the hold I "accidentally" unloaded the rankest chili fart of my life it was loud it was groess and I felt terrible

Lol i thought it was a little weird to begin with but that makes it a lot worse

It was just out of the blue and he had no cause to ask me. It completely took me off guard....so to speak. :icon_chee

Instructors talking us through drills, using me as his partner to demo. After talking everybody through it, he gets me to drill it with him in front of everybody, if I remember correctly the technique is setting up a spinning armbar from mount as the mounted person is turning onto their side to hip escape.
As I'm moving my leg around his head, he's still talking to the class and I can feel his voice making my balls vibrate. That was weird.

Not too many.

In competition I literally sat on some guys head. It was for 3rd place and I was trying really hard to win and when he tried to escape from I think northsouth or side control I ended up sitting on his head, cup in face.

The first time I rolled with a girl with big breasts was also a bit awkward. Kept slapping and grabbing the boobiez by accident

HAHAHAHA, yeah. Its funny that every gym no matter what city still has the same guys.

2. Sweaty guy

the list goes on and on and they are everywhere :p

I'm definitely sweaty guy. The sweat starts pouring down my face within 5 minutes.

i learned a cool technique off a dvd i saw, "Passing the Guard (of blind people)": next time she pulls open guard, you can pass by simply getting up and walking over to whatever side you want; you can take your time as long as you do it quietly

Oh my god LOL..

I accidentally hit a guy in the balls hard when attempting Uchi Mata in sparring. He went down clutching his balls in pain. For some reason this made me laugh and I couldn't stop laughing for about 30 seconds. I felt like a massive douche for laughing but just couldn't help it.

Whats the most awkward situation you've ever been in?

Here's mine, I had a blind girl come and study jiu-jitsu at our school (Which is AWESOME imo) and I was there on her first day visiting the school. I had seen on the news about a blind girl training in the area at other schools and knew she had some knowledge on the mat.

So I didn't have a problem with this, at all, my problem was when the specific training started. I kinda wanted a precedent to go off of how the other guys rolled with her and at what level of aggression but of course I got picked to get on the mat first and after defeating the first two guys, she was up in line. So now I'm think "Great, either I go hard and beat her while everyones watching and I'm the dick head that beat the blind girl...or I let her beat me and I'm the dick head that lost to the blind girl on purpose.

(hand outs piss off some handicap people) so i'm not sure how she'll react. If she is a girl AND blind and comes to jiu-jitsu...she's a tuff individual and may not want any hand outs and actually RESENT me letting her win. Talk about fucking awkward... so I kind of lucked out...I played a soft guard and let her pass only when she did the correct technique to side guard then when she mounted softly swept her and explained she would of won the "specific training drill" if she would of been more careful with her base. I figured that was the best way out of that one. lol.

I train with a Blind guy a few days per week. When we starting rolling from kneeling position, the only difference is you have to maintain contact by allowing him to grab your Gi or your wrist, which is a disadvantage because the guy is strong as an ox and when he gets both hands on you, it normally doesn't go well lol. He's an active tournament competitor, so there's no need to 'take it easy' on him, because he's a solid grappler.
Once I got used to having to maintain contact, we have great workouts.

I can't imagine what it would be like to try to do Jiu Jitsu or Judo without sight, which is why its a honor to work with the dude.

I went to knee cut past a woman's guard. She lets out the fucking loudest shriek ever. I had one leg propped on my shoulder and wanted to back step my leg to 'flop pass' as ive heard some refer to it. Anyway, awkward as fuck.

Guy tapping on my balls. He gently lifted them and set them down a few times. I thought what the F***k dude your in no positions to be screwing around...than realized his hands were trap and he was tapping.

This was a mount triangle with his hand slightly in the triangle and a Kimura on the other arm.

I had a guy crap himself mid-roll. I could literally tell when he did it, because his face got red, then all of the sudden, it smelled.

I vaguely remember reading the whole read in the past. Fuck it, gonna read it anyways just for the lulz.

guy tapping on my balls. He gently lifted them and set them down a few times. I thought what the f***k dude your in no positions to be screwing around...than realized his hands were trap and he was tapping.

This was a mount triangle with his hand slightly in the triangle and a kimura on the other arm.

lloooll

Not necessarily a BJJ situation but involved some serious BJJ players....and my life.

Awhile back (years) I was in the locker room pre Fight at one of the Showtime events. Was cornering one of Frank Shamrocks fighters. And in the same locker room as us a was a fighter out of Blackhouse and the Nog Brothers, Anderson Silva, Bigfoot and some of the other trainers. We of course were decked out in Shamrock Submision Fighting gear.

Well this is not long after Frank and Renzo had fought and Frank had illegally struck Renzo ( not that big of a deal) and then questioned his heart and said he stopped because he was getting beat, lol. (big deal)

So we are all in there and everything is cool, they are being there typical jovial selfs, playing around, boisterous, etc.

Well Frank is commentating the show and there are TV's in the locker room and the camera cuts to Frank talking and the room goes dead quit!!

Then the striking coach starts talking/yelling at the TV! "no Mr Shamrock! We are coming for you Mr. Shamrock! All of Brazil is coming for you Shamrock!!".

The rest of the guys are talking in Portuguese really loud. So of course me, my fighter and our other corner are just kinda sitting there shrinking back into our little bench/locker area!!

Just as it gets pretty intense,

they all start busting up laughing and mocking the original trainer who starter yelling and Anderson looks over and gives us his stupid little shoulder shrug & smile....

I mean it wasn't Chutebox in there but it was "awkward"!! ;)

Back