Your most favourite most laterest PR

Keep your elbows healthy, make sure your technique is tight, bench a lot, get bigger arms and pecs, gain weight.
I’m already 330, beginning a cut starting New Years. Elbows are good, where I fuck up is the tightness part. I’ll be rock solid until the bar touches my chest and then lose all tightness and end up doing a really long paused bench. Been doing spoto presses to try and keep tightness as long as possible, with feet up to keep the legs out of the movement. Heard Chad Wesley Smith suggest it in a video so I just went with it.

Practice doing the first rep of every set paused. No need to pause every rep, necessarily, but definitely the first one. I saw Sheiko make that recommendation once.

Lat and upper back work could help too.

Practice doing the first rep of every set paused. No need to pause every rep, necessarily, but definitely the first one. I saw Sheiko make that recommendation once.

Lat and upper back work could help too.
Saw a Matt Wenning video where he said when he first started lifting, he worked with a coach that wouldn’t let you bench unless you could do pull ups first. I do a lot of vertical and horizontal pulling, rows and chins mostly. They are the meat of my back routine. Do you grip at the rings? Narrower or wider?

205 standing overhead press for 2 at 215 lbs bodyweight. Mostly because 225 for three has been a goal of mine forever and I'm closing in.

205 standing overhead press for 2 at 215 lbs bodyweight. Mostly because 225 for three has been a goal of mine forever and I'm closing in.
That is the slowest progressing lift. Painful and for me it is a hard fail at just five pounds. Like hit 250 with great speed, try 260 and not even close

That is the slowest progressing lift. Painful and for me it is a hard fail at just five pounds. Like hit 250 with great speed, try 260 and not even close
Yeah it's brutally slow progression. It's frustrating as hell.

100% agree. I hit 205 last year, then went places without a gym and a long work schedule, I completely tanked and 155 was once again a tough lift. Pisses me off, my bench and squat would drop 20% or so on these types of trips but nothing goes away or comes back slower than SOHP.

I did however hit the RKC Snatch test 24kg @ 9500ft, for 115.

100% agree. I hit 205 last year, then went places without a gym and a long work schedule, I completely tanked and 155 was once again a tough lift. Pisses me off, my bench and squat would drop 20% or so on these types of trips but nothing goes away or comes back slower than SOHP.

I did however hit the RKC Snatch test 24kg @ 9500ft, for 115.
going to have to google that. i'm not familiar

49 years old, BW 167lbs

3 rep deadlift 400lbs.
Back squat 307lbs x4
Front squat 270lbs x3

Just finished up 20 weeks on Wendler 5/3/1. Nothing earth shattering but for my needs, these numbers work and muscle endurance has increased a lot. Have sketchy low back so I am backing off Wendler for now.

A 2:52 marathon on a tough course back in 2008.

Solo summits of Denali, mustang ata, island peak and el pick de orizaba.

I do real sports, lifting and running are just training for actual stuff.

Permission to stir some shit, sir!

So powerlifting and olympic lifting aren't real sports?

They are. I was mostly stirring shit too. I still strength train but there's no place to oly lift here and I have no interest in doing a powerlifting comp so for me its just training.

The cool thing about powerlifting is pretty much anybody can get into it and get pretty decent at it and if nothing else they can get much stronger in the process without having to dedicate a ton of time or money to it.

They are. I was mostly stirring shit too. I still strength train but there's no place to oly lift here and I have no interest in doing a powerlifting comp so for me its just training.

The cool thing about powerlifting is pretty much anybody can get into it and get pretty decent at it and if nothing else they can get much stronger in the process without having to dedicate a ton of time or money to it.

Damn it. I was hoping you would double down and say something like "They aren't real sports, and anyone who does them is literally worse than Hitler".

We haven't had one of those massive, 12 pages threads where multiple people are shouting at each other and multi-quoting each other for ages.

Damn it. I was hoping you would double down and say something like "They aren't real sports, and anyone who does them is literally worse than Hitler".

We haven't had one of those massive, 12 pages threads where multiple people are shouting at each other and multi-quoting each other for ages.

Yeah I miss those also but I've been so damn busy with work and training for my sheep and mountain goat hunts plus this 2nd masters degree that I don't have time to be checking my phone every 2-3 minutes. Not like when I was in china getting paid bank to work like 4 hours a day.

Yeah I miss those also but I've been so damn busy with work and training for my sheep and mountain goat hunts plus this 2nd masters degree that I don't have time to be checking my phone every 2-3 minutes. Not like when I was in china getting paid bank to work like 4 hours a day.

Yeah, I have to work properly these days. Far fewer days working from home, less time in the office staring at the internet. So sad.

Back