Your most looked forward to games of 2017

Mass Effect and Red Dead of course

For Honor looks cool too. Probably not a day 1 purchase, but I'm gonna keep an eye on that one.

Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2

That's all.

Huge Bioware and R* fanboy. They haven't put out anything substantial in years.

I doubt that its years away.

And developers say alot of things to either heighten or lower expectations.

Doubt they'd release a pre-rendered trailer if it was 2+ years away from release.

June '08, at the latest. That means it'd be on the five years since the launch of the original.

Whatever you believe it's not coming out this year. Naughty Dog only has one team and they were working on UC4 and now are working on the UC standalone DLC

I bought so much during the steam sale by the time I am ready for new stuff it will be the 2018 steam sale.

I can't say I'm interested in any of the upcoming 2017 releases, 2015 was an awesome year and 2016 is really underrated imo and had a lot of games that I personally enjoy. But 2017 theres nothing that stands out to me.

Prey should be good but not hyped for it, I'm intrigued by Nioh but no PS4, Mass Effect doesn't really appeal to me.

So far only looking forward to a few fighting games like Tekken 7/MvC and Dark Souls 3 DLC. Hopefully more games get announced.

I'm sure read dead 2 and horizon will be great but I'm kinda sick of open world

looking forward to god of war, tekken 7 and marvel vs capcom although it looked complete garbage in the first trailer

God of War, Tekken 7 and the rest is going to have to surprise me.

Agony
Detroit: Become Human
Visage

Death Stranding if it comes out this year. I'll try ME:A and Ni-oh. Also, DLC for Dark Souls 3 and for Deus Ex.

God of War 4
Nioh
RDR 2
Horizon
RE7

Off the top of my head.

RDR 2
Andromeda
Wildlands

MAYBE GOW4 but I don't have a PS4 yet so it's on my radar but not a "must-buy" right this second.

Mass Effect Andromeda. Nothing else has me excited. I'm going through a bit of a gaming lull with music/DJing in its place.

RDR 2 for sure

Elders Scrolls VI would be nice too it comes out this year.

Red Dead 2
God of War
Senmue 3, supposed to be released December but will probs get delayed...

Guys I haven't heard of yakuza 0 but it seems to it came out today, at $59 AUD that's a steal.

Is this a must?

Guys I haven't heard of yakuza 0 but it seems to it came out today, at $59 AUD that's a steal.

Is this a must?

Yakuza games are amazing. They're open world (more like open zones) beat 'em ups with a fairly decent amount of combat depth once you unlock new moves. The main story is a Japanese gangster drama filled with testosterone and masculinity but there are a ton of side stories that range from sad to hilarious to absolutely weird and eccentric. You can also play old school Sega games in the arcades. There's karaoke, drinking, batting cages, golf, bowling, underground fight clubs (not sure about 0 but it's been a staple in past games) and more. Cutscenes can be long but they're never ridiculous like Metal Gear Solid 4. You're easily looking at a minimum of 30 hours up to 70 or more for a completionist run. What other series lets you punch a tiger in the face? Only Yakuza. There's really nothing like these games out today and it's a shame the series hasn't been that successful in the West.

I own all the games but haven't finished 3 yet so I'll be waiting until I make more headway in the series before purchasing 0. Btw, 0 is a prequel to Y1-5 so it's a perfect place for new players.

Back