Your personal Mt. Rushmore....

NickTheGreek

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What 4 wrestlers would you put on your personal Mt. Rushmore?? Not who you think are the best ever, or you favorite wrestlers but more of a combination of both. Four wrestlers that you really liked but can also stand up there and hang with the all time greats.
For example, two my favorite wrestler back in the days were Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and JYD....but they wouldnt belong on a list like that.....Stan Hansen on the other hand, another of my favorites, I'd put him right up there....

Stan Hansen - AWA champ...NWA tag champ...Multiple Triple Crowns...Multiple regianal titles...LEGEND in Japan....Maybe the best brawler of all time...

The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes....The accomplishments...the charisma...One of a kind.

Abdullah The Butcher..... Almost 50 years of pure mayhem all across the globe. A true legend

Andre The Giant.... The eight wonder of the world

For the record, I dont know shit about wrestling prior to 1985. I was born in 81, I can remember watching wrestling as far back as about 87. So guys like Lou Thesz and Bruno are not really being considered.

Hogan, Flair, Austin, Cena.

I'm not necessarily a mark for any of them but I think when you combine pro wrestling talent and accomplishments with mainstream popularity they are the absolute very best. I think you could argue The Rock over Austin but to me Austin at his very best in the pro wrestling world was better than The Rock.

Shawn Michaels is the greatest professional wrestler of all time.

Muta Rock Bret HBK

Last edited:
If Hogan isn't on there you're a dolt.

He is Mr. Wrestler.

HBK (Making the smarmy half smile)
Ric Flair (mid-Woo!)
JeriGOAT ("C'mon babay!" face)
Hogan* (Hulk up you in trouble now face)

*Because you gotta

Vince McMahon
Pat Patterson
George Scott
Chief Jay Strongbow

Without any of them, wrestling is still stuck in legion halls and highschool gyms.

Hogan
HBK
Austin
Bret Hart

I was born in 86 so even though I've seen everything from mania 1 and on in retrospect I really started following live from mania 9.

Cena is creeping up to replace Bret hart

A legendary match from Japan back in 81 of Hansen vs Andre...

The beginnings of Hansen becoming a legend in Japan.

I loved the atmosphere of those matches back then in Japan. The way the ring looked ...etc....It just looked real...
I could watch this stuff all day

Hogan, Vince, Inoki, Flair

Hard for me to narrow it down. And it's super biased based on my age / eras I was raised on. Hogan has to be there, Rock has to be there.

Other two spots are a toss up between folks like Flair, Inoki, Austin, honestly yes Styles due to being basically the face of the indies for more than a decade and then becoming NJPW champ and then a popular WWE champ, HBK, Undertaker, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle.

With time, guys like Nakamura, Ricochet (come at me, he's one of the most athletic and graceful human beings, period, I've ever seen perform and he certainly "gets it) and hell maybe even a Sasha Banks (in a somewhat similar vein as I put Hogan up there - not what I'd call a master technician, but able to generate monstrous emotional investment in the character) might also be in contention.

But for now as a "founding fathers" type deal, Hogan and Rock definitely are the foundation for what I like about the showmanship aspects. Guys like HBK and Flair about being invested emotionally in the in-ring story being told. Guys like Benoit and Angle highlight the technical aspects I love. Guys like Nakamura and Undertaker who are a combination of showmanship and just solid beat-em-up rasslin (and not saying I can't get emotionally invested in the stories they tell, you get my point tho).

So, yeah

Hulk Hogan
hulk-hogan-backstroke-wwf-wrestling-swimming-1356306228Z.gif

Bret Hart
TerribleIncompatibleCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

Stone Cold
tumblr_mwyoh0wu5W1qh6swzo1_250.gif

Randy Savage
tumblr_m94ya358eZ1r324lio1_400.gif

Honorable mention: Shawn Michaels
giphy.gif

Honorable mention: Ric Flair
tenor.gif

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif

Last edited:
Greg Valetine
Bret Hart
Ric Flair
King Kong Bundy

My personal:

Bret
Austin
Owen
Angle
(hon mention: Dynamite)

Objectively:

Austin
Hogan
Flair
Cena
(hon mention: Taker)

Superstar should get a lot more love because of the influence on Hogan and Rock.

Back