Your Personal Political Heroes (and their quotes)

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of...certain posters here are largely reactionary, which doesn't seem to draw from any particular principle or ideology, so I'm curious to see the list of figures from whom posters here draw influence and inspiration.

For me, some that come to mind are:

1. Ernesto "Che" Guevara (Argentinian physician, revolutionary, and poet)

"Above all, always be capable of feeling deeply any injustice committed against anyone, anywhere in the world. This is the most beautiful quality in a revolutionary."

2. Malcolm X (US theorist and political organizer)

"It's impossible for a white person to believe in capitalism and not believe in racism. You can't have capitalism without racism."

3. Franklin D. Roosevelt (Greatest President in US history)

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

4. Thomas Sankara (Burkinabe revolutionary and political leader)

"The revolution and women's liberation go together. We do not talk of women's emancipation as an act of charity or out of a surge of human compassion. It is a basic necessity for the revolution to triumph. Women hold up the other half of the sky."

5. Frederick Douglass (US writer, activist, and former slave)

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

6. Harriet Tubman (US abolitionist)

"I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other."

7. Karl Marx (German social scientist and philosopher)

"Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks."

8. W.E.B. Du Bois (US sociologist and activist)

"To stimulate wildly weak and untrained minds is to play with mighty fires."

9. Thurgood Marshall (US Supreme Court Justice and lawyer)

"In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute."

10. Vladimir Lenin (Russian revolutionary and theorist)

If it were necessary to give the briefest possible definition of imperialism, we should have to say that imperialism is the monopoly stage of capitalism.

11. Simone de Beauvoir (French philosopher)

"Man is defined as a human being and a woman as a female - whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."

12. Louise Michel (French revolutionary)

"Since it seems that every heart that beats for freedom has no right to anything but a slug of lead, I demand my share. If you let me live, I shall never cease to cry for vengeance. If you are not cowards, kill me."

“Only in the detached from reality world of goofy Hollywood and modern academia could a mass murderer like Che Guevara be turned into something of a cult celebrity.”

Paul Kengor

“Only in the detached from reality world of goofy Hollywood and modern academia could a mass murderer like Che Guevara be turned into something of a cult celebrity.”

Paul Kengor

Usually, I wouldn't care about mindless shit like this. But, admittedly, because it concerns my personal hero, is in direct opposition to my trying to foster open and non-moronic personal discussion, and reflects an incredible lack of historical knowledge, it does rustle me fairly well.

If Che is a "mass murderer," then so is George Washington, every valiant soldier, and every military figure that you most likely moronically admire. Except Che gave up a comfortable and rich life, and then passed up fame and fortune, to devote himself to helping the poor and needy break their chains. His virtuous actions were completely voluntary.

Military leaders kill people. Revolutionaries kill people. Changers of the world kill people. Yet they are judged not by their intentions, not even by their effects, but by how fucking stupid their appraisers are.

Last edited:
Solid group. Arm ourselves more. Be willing to die for the cause.

75fbd13e5c4d8ecc91fcb765f128458d.jpg
IMG_20151203_172325.JPG
quote-no-society-can-legitimately-call-itself-civilized-if-a-sick-person-is-denied-medical-aneurin-bevan-87-74-43.jpg

"I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter I'd probably be dating her"

-Donald Trump

Except Che gave up a comfortable and rich life, and then passed up fame and fortune, to devote himself to helping the poor and needy break their chains. His virtuous actions were completely voluntary.

His fighting ended up putting the weak and needy in the chains of a whole new oppressive government though so what good is celebrating his supposed courageous fighting when it was all for naught?

"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal."

- Richard Nixon

These words when put into the context of his presidency are chilling. And I'm not referring to Watergate

Last edited:
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."

- GOAT Lincoln

It seems like a lot of...certain posters here are largely reactionary, which doesn't seem to draw from any particular principle or ideology, so I'm curious to see the list of figures from whom posters here draw influence and inspiration.

For me, some that come to mind are:

1. Ernesto "Che" Guevara (Argentinian physician, revolutionary, and poet)

"Above all, always be capable of feeling deeply any injustice committed against anyone, anywhere in the world. This is the most beautiful quality in a revolutionary."

2. Malcolm X (US theorist and political organizer)

"It's impossible for a white person to believe in capitalism and not believe in racism. You can't have capitalism without racism."

3. Franklin D. Roosevelt (Greatest President in US history)

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

4. Thomas Sankara (Burkinabe revolutionary and political leader)

"The revolution and women's liberation go together. We do not talk of women's emancipation as an act of charity or out of a surge of human compassion. It is a basic necessity for the revolution to triumph. Women hold up the other half of the sky."

5. Frederick Douglass (US writer, activist, and former slave)

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

6. Harriet Tubman (US abolitionist)

"I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other."

7. Karl Marx (German social scientist and philosopher)

"Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks."

8. W.E.B. Du Bois (US sociologist and activist)

"To stimulate wildly weak and untrained minds is to play with mighty fires."

9. Thurgood Marshall (US Supreme Court Justice and lawyer)

"In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute."

10. Vladimir Lenin (Russian revolutionary and theorist)

If it were necessary to give the briefest possible definition of imperialism, we should have to say that imperialism is the monopoly stage of capitalism.

11. Simone de Beauvoir (French philosopher)

"Man is defined as a human being and a woman as a female - whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."

12. Louise Michel (French revolutionary)

"Since it seems that every heart that beats for freedom has no right to anything but a slug of lead, I demand my share. If you let me live, I shall never cease to cry for vengeance. If you are not cowards, kill me."

K commie...

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Michael savage

If we don't get gun-control laws in this country, we are full of beans. To have the National Rifle Association rule the United States is pathetic. And I agree with Mayor Michael Bloomberg: It's time to put up or shut up about gun control for both parties.

Harvey Weinstein

Winston Churchill.
'I may be fat, but i'm incredibly good looking.'

Not necessarily a "political hero" of mine, but since we are in the habit of posting quotes by revolutionaries, why not post one from the original Russian revolutionary (the one who perhaps inspired it all), Sergey Nechayev?

"A revolutionary is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion – the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose – to destroy it.

A revolutionary "must infiltrate all social formations including the police. He must exploit rich and influential people, subordinating them to himself. He must aggravate the miseries of the common people, so as to exhaust their patience and incite them to rebel. And, finally, he must ally himself with the savage word of the violent criminal, the only true revolutionary in Russia"

Not necessarily a "political hero" of mine, but since we are in the habit of posting quotes by revolutionaries, why not post one from the original Russian revolutionary (the one who perhaps inspired it all), Sergey Nechayev?

"A revolutionary is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion – the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose – to destroy it.

A revolutionary "must infiltrate all social formations including the police. He must exploit rich and influential people, subordinating them to himself. He must aggravate the miseries of the common people, so as to exhaust their patience and incite them to rebel. And, finally, he must ally himself with the savage word of the violent criminal, the only true revolutionary in Russia"

Man is this accurate. I see this with certain ideologies today. The lust for power and revolution with no regard for the actual human experience played out over time.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."

- GOAT Lincoln

That was really good.

You can fool some of the people all the time.

"A revolutionary "must infiltrate all social formations including the police. He must exploit rich and influential people, subordinating them to himself. He must aggravate the miseries of the common people, so as to exhaust their patience and incite them to rebel. And, finally, he must ally himself with the savage word of the violent criminal, the only true revolutionary in Russia"

This is descriptive of what's going on here. I will say the people that come up with terms like intersectionality are quite creative but people eventually see through propaganda.

Usually, I wouldn't care about mindless shit like this. But, admittedly, because it concerns my personal hero, is in direct opposition to my trying to foster open and non-moronic personal discussion, and reflects an incredible lack of historical knowledge, it does rustle me fairly well.

If Che is a "mass murderer," then so is George Washington, every valiant soldier, and every military figure that you most likely moronically admire. Except Che gave up a comfortable and rich life, and then passed up fame and fortune, to devote himself to helping the poor and needy break their chains. His virtuous actions were completely voluntary.

Military leaders kill people. Revolutionaries kill people. Changers of the world kill people. Yet they are judged not by their intentions, not even by their effects, but by how fucking stupid their appraisers are.
lel i knew this guy whos dad knew a guy who was a doctor and who became a doctor because he tried to link up with che but when he met che che told him to go back home and become a doctor so he did

Back