Your reaction: The UFC decides to stop producing TUF seasons

But wait a minute tho, lets see the Penn/Edgar season first...

This.

I haven't watched TUF in a couple years at least, but I'm absolutely going to watch this season.

This.

I haven't watched TUF in a couple years at least, but I'm absolutely going to watch this season.

why? honest question here. cuz the coaches are fascinating? cuz of BJ? coach drama? cuz BJ v Pulver was fun?

i'm not making fun at all. i'm honestly curious what the attraction is for you.

There's a few of us. Seems like it's almost taboo to admit you like or watch TUF on here though.

I've watched them all since the first season and I still haven't had enough. Well, not the Brazil or China seasons.

I've watched them all, every US and international season.

If I can get through TUF 16 I can watch anything.

I just dont get why so many people get mad at TUF, if you dont like it then dont watch but why get rid of it? People like it and still watch it and its a good promotional tool for the UFC so why would anyone want it gone?

I don't mind it, I just know that 9/10 aren't UFC material and the winner won't be anything special. I would love it if they did a UFC veteran show or a show where athletes from other sports (with some experience in martial arts) get to fight for a UFC contract.

Haven't watched tuf since war machine and the black guy fought. Have I missed anything?

funny-gif-selection-1.gif

I just dont get why so many people get mad at TUF, if you dont like it then dont watch but why get rid of it? People like it and still watch it and its a good promotional tool for the UFC so why would anyone want it gone?

People want it gone because it ties up great fighters and sidelines them. Would rather see more Ubereem type documentaries, but that showcases the fighter....TUF showcases the brand U F C... Just like bringing in uniforms, anyway they can to take away the fighter identity and put the focus on the UFC as an event and be all, end all. This is exactly why Pride seemed greater they built their top fighters into larger than life Gods, not UFC robots.

I got sick of it during the Hendo/Bisping season. It gets tiresome watching douche bags say the same shit every week, season after season about how badass they are and how they are warriors blah blah blah

from what i can tell:

a) classic hipster-ism
b) they interrupt fight schedules
c) they think that it gives some less-than-deserving fighters an opportunity they shouldn't have
d) they are bored with the format. just like how Survivor 1 was awesome but Survivor 12 wasn't. so it's not that they dislike TUF contestants, per se, they just want something new and fresh. nae, they **deserve** something new and fresh. cuz, you know, as cable TV purchasers, UFC owes it to them (i guess is their rationale)
e) they think the show is more about drunken debauchery and man-drama than fighting (i mean cmon, peeing on another guy's food?)
f) some combination thereof

but mostly g) they don't have a problem with it, but since it's the interwebs and anyone can type fake vitriolic bullshit they don't even really believe and would never spout off about in real life, cuz they know they're full of shit, and it's more fun being outlanding and full of shit than being reasonable all the time, and there is no real recourse. and this is true in all forums, not just mma (try reading the comments at the bottom of a cnnsi article some time, it's the same)

I think it's definitely run it's course and there has to be a better way. They could always bring it back after a few years if they absolutely felt it was necessary but for now it's kinda lame.

and CHAMPIONS should NEVER do it. It's so lame to have a champion out for the entire length of TUF, also to have a great top contender out that long too

why? honest question here. cuz the coaches are fascinating? cuz of BJ? coach drama? cuz BJ v Pulver was fun?

i'm not making fun at all. i'm honestly curious what the attraction is for you.

Valid question. The only reason is that I'm a big Penn fan, and I want to see how he and Frankie get along. They seem pretty chill around each other, interested in seeing if it lasts.

I just dvr it and fast forward to the fights, I wouldn't blink if it was stopped...

At the moment, it would be at least 10 seasons past the point where they should have stopped it. Its audience is dwindling as the MMA purists have been tuning out year after year and it is no longer bringing in any causal fans either. It is doing exactly nothing to make the UFC more mainstream, successful or profitable.

I still watch TUF, I even watched TUF nations and am Watching TUF Brazil 3. It's a great way to introduce yourself to new fighters. Some that some day may perform very well in the UFC.

A lot of the fighters people are fans of today came out of TUF so why hate on new fighters who take the same path.

I never watch it and don't have any interest in it. It's annoying when it takes up the schedule of big fighters/champions. I think TUF has served its purpose and run its course. Now the FOX deal has happened TUF isn't neccesary anymore to draw in new fans.

the show is not terrible, but only when the coaches are interesting and no forced drama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back