Your recent changes in beliefs

Left handed people should be placed into concentration camps, and have their assets taken from them and redistributed to normal people.

I used to think manlets were just little people, now I know they're

Degenerates that are taking air that is rightfully mine and should be put down. They just a bunch of pigeon eaters anyways

I'm not a liberal.

Nice try though.
Regardless, there's nothing immoral about being opposed to gay marriage so try another argument that doesn't involve calling others bigots.

I believed I could fly. I also I believed I could touch the sky.

Fuck R kelly

I thought bodybuilding mags were super straight until about 5 minutes ago....

Regardless, there's nothing immoral about being opposed to gay marriage so try another argument that doesn't involve calling others bigots.

OP offered absolutely zero evidence that suggests that legalizing gay marriage marriage would "open the door" to other types of marriage.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that the opposition stems from bigotry rather than any logical conclusions therein.

OP offered absolutely zero evidence that suggests that legalizing gay marriage marriage would "open the door" to other types of marriage.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that the opposition stems from bigotry rather than any logical conclusions therein.
To be honest, bigot is not a term I would shy away from based on the google definition, but it does bother me based on the history of the word and how I associate it with racism. I'm not 'tolerant' (I'm curious to know how exactly intolerance is defined because though I may disagree with someone I support their right to free speech) to other view points on this matter as well as other issues, but many other people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and political views could accurately be labeled a bigot. I don't like the term because of all the negative connotations associated with it, but based on the definition: "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions" you're as much of a bigot as he is unless you are 'tolerant' to his viewpoint.

I guess my point or question is, how exactly do you mean bigot?

To be honest, bigot is not a term I would shy away from based on the google definition, but it does bother me based on the history of the word and how I associate it with racism. I'm not 'tolerant' (I'm curious to know how exactly intolerance is defined because though I may disagree with someone I support their right to free speech) to other view points on this matter as well as other issues, but many other people of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and political views could accurately be labeled a bigot. I don't like the term because of all the negative connotations associated with it, but based on the definition: "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions" you're as much of a bigot as he is unless you are 'tolerant' to his viewpoint.

I guess my point or question is, how exactly do you mean bigot?

I'm not tolerant of his opinion. You can just as easily call me a bigot. I never claimed to be tolerant nor without prejudice.

But in this particular context, I use "bigot" to mean someone who uses faulty reasoning to justify a discriminatory opinion.

acb.jpg
Lol I cracked up at the insect comment.

I used to love the idea of having children. Now with two I miss those times where I could do whatever I wanted, like sleeping. I love them both but they drive me nuts.

For about 20 years I didn't set myself any life goals. A few years back I started setting some and it's improved my life.

I used to care about shit that didn't matter. Trying to move away from that.

1. What other forms of marriage are you worried about? Human and animal? Just define marriage as a contract between 2 humans. Pretty simple.

2. Marriage is a legal form of prostitution, just much more expensive. You have to give a person half of what you own to have sex with them.
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less."

- Rodney Dangerfield

I'm trying to focus on things going on in my city/county/state rather than get artificially outraged by things that may/may not be happening in other countries.

#1 is fallacious reasoning. But that's not your fault, there just aren't any sound arguments for opposing same sex marriage.

I was pretty lax on immigration and didn't care about borders. After seeing what is happening in Europe, I'm not so sure anymore. It seems like the ideology of a lot of the immigrants (not all) are just not compatible with where they are migrating to.

Have you garnered a new perspective recently? There are some beliefs or opinions I thought would be difficult for me to change my mind on, but I've recently been exposed to some experiences and information that made me rethink my stance.

1. I was vehemently pro-gay marriage for a long time.
I personally don't it's my business whatever consenting adults do.I always thought of marriage as being a solely a matter for the individuals involved and that government and the rest of society should stay out of it. But I realize now that when it comes to marriage, it has to be a legal issue. Legalizing gay marriage would open the doors for other forms of marriage and that could lead to an administrative nightmare. It would be very confusing to figure that shit out and keeping the legal definition of marriage as being between man and woman would make things a lot more simpler. I'm still all about the rights of gay people being equal to everybody else, but I am not sure where I stand on the issue of marriage now.

2. I was always against going to prostitutes.
I've always been for legalizing it, but I personally didn't want to go to prostitutes myself. My first experience with one years ago was very empty and forgettable. The girl was average looking and she was almost too professional; everything was very mechanical and "by the book." I wondered why anybody would pay for sex when it would be much better to simply hit on a girl at a bar for a one night stand. And personally, sex in itself isn't all that meaningful for me unless I have some emotional connection with a girl I know. However, these days I find myself caring less about emotional connection with women unless the girl is truly special, which is rare. Hitting on women feels like too much work these days not to mention I don't have as much time anymore. Not to mention some chicks are fucking crazy and can bring drama to your life. Also I don't want a relationship anyway. But if I do get horny, going to a prostitute seems like an easy and simple alternative without the hassle of trying to hit on a girl and establishing a no-strings attached fwb arrangement without her getting clingy and hurt.

Has anybody else had recent changes in opinion?
Not allowed to change my beliefs.

Came preprogrammed.

I was pretty lax on immigration and didn't care about borders. After seeing what is happening in Europe, I'm not so sure anymore. It seems like the ideology of a lot of the immigrants (not all) are just not compatible with where they are migrating to.

I'm the same way although this isn't a new development for me. I don't agree with the emotional knee-jerk reactions that some conservatives have with immigration and I think racial arguments are pretty retarded. I see no problem with letting people in from different cultures and ethnic groups as long as they don't cause problems, but I also have to admit certain groups of people do cause problems. When poor, uneducated people from a violent background come in large numbers, it's not surprising that there can be a rise in crime and clashes with the locals. But I also admit that I'm coming from a self-centered perspective where I don't want to see a rise in crime or violence where I live.

#1 is fallacious reasoning. But that's not your fault, there just aren't any sound arguments for opposing same sex marriage.

I'm not necessarily against it myself and everybody here keeps thinking I am. Gun to my head, if you forced me to pick a side, I'll side with legalizing gay-marriage, although I'd rather do away with marriage completely. I just see now that some people who are against it aren't necessarily hateful bigots.

ITT:
Anti Gay Marriage

Pro Furious Gay Butt Sex

<33>

I think the political climate is quite different now than it was pre-social media. People are becoming more and more extreme with their beliefs. Even if mine remain the same, my position will be redefined as centrist even if it seemed left leaning one or two decades ago. That is to be expected, given enough time a party that used to fight for minorities can turn anti-minorities.

Back