Your Thoughts On "Smart" Guns?

I wouldn't want this tech anytime soon but further down the line, with a different set up and successful testing, I could get on board with something like this.

Probably because a lot of my family works in mental health so I've heard a fair number of bad stories regarding someone getting their hands on a gun they didn't own.

Not an option for most people. This is really a joke and waste of time.

Smart gun is stupid imo, too many things can go wrong just like computers and shit.

And when the watch AI learns to hate mankind and turns on you what then? What then?!?

I get the rational, but terrible idea. No ability to shoot offhanded. Too much tech.

I wouldn't want this tech anytime soon but further down the line, with a different set up and successful testing, I could get on board with something like this.

Probably because a lot of my family works in mental health so I've heard a fair number of bad stories regarding someone getting their hands on a gun they didn't own.

How dare you take a reasonable social view on guns derived from actual experiences!

Jaja, on the smart gun thing. It's a good idea but technology such as this always gets hyped far before it's not buggy. However, the funniest argument I heard against it was Fox News and their "Oh there's an intruder in my house but I can't find my bracelet in the dark!"

Like if you're that paranoid about home invaders, going to bed with the bracelet on is the line you won't cross to assure safety.

Switch the situation around - you get disarmed by an attacker and he tries to shoot you . . . nope. I think this could be potentially useful, especially among law enforcement where being disarmed and attacked with your own gun is a serious risk.

Or you shoot the intruder initially because the gun you have actually is reliable. Stupid concept.

People can make and people can buy whatever they want. What worries me is that you know California, New York, Colorado and other states will make it so that you can ONLY own smart guns.

People can make and people can buy whatever they want. What worries me is that you know California, New York, Colorado and other states will make it so that you can ONLY own smart guns.

Jersey has had a law on the books for years saying they are mandatory once they become available.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/23/us/new-jersey-smart-gun-law/

A gun law passed by the New Jersey legislature more than a decade ago may be set into motion as tech savvy gun makers get closer to being able to sell so-called smart guns in the United States.

The idea behind this firearms technology is to create "personalized" guns that only fire in the right hands -- whether by recognizing a certain signal from a watch, a ring or even just the right grip.

The New Jersey law is the only one of its kind in the United States. It requires that within three years of the technology being available, only smart guns be sold in the state.

Back