Your thoughts on those modern reboots of classic slasher franchises?

In the remake of I Spit On Your Grave she takes a shotgun and rapes a guys asshole with it. She then fires the gun while inside the guys asshole

I think you would be doing people in this thread who haven't seen that movie a service by putting your text in a spoiler.

My thoughts on Friday the 13th part 1

One of the worst movies I have ever seen

Incredibly boring
Unlikable characters
Really really bad practical effects

It is easy the worst original movie out of the big 3 Michael,Jason,Freddy

I would not recommend this movie to anybody

One reason I've never attempted to cover the entire F13 franchise is because I know that means I have to watch Part 1 and I've always felt like that's something I'm just not going to get into.

I think you would be doing people in this thread who haven't seen that movie a service by putting your text in a spoiler.

Spoiler tags for a movie that came out 8 years ago

I dont see the point but whatever

Someone already put it in spoiler tags

One reason I've never attempted to cover the entire F13 franchise is because I know that means I have to watch Part 1 and I've always felt like that's something I'm just not going to get into.

It took me 3 tries to do it

I split the movie up in 30 minute viewing sections

Let me tell you something about these Friday the 13th movies

I feel like they are trying to be these super gory edgy movies but whenever a kill happens the camera cuts away after like 2 seconds

Its garbage and ruins every kill I have seen so far

The entire draw of these movies are the kills and so far all the kills suck

I gotta sit through tons of pointless scenes with these school kids to get to the kills and even then there is no payoff

The entire draw of these movies are the kills and so far all the kills suck

I gotta sit through tons of pointless scenes with these school kids to get to the kills and even then there is no payoff

Just out of curiosity, have you ever watched Jason X or will that one be a new one for you?

My thoughts on Friday the 13th part 1

One of the worst movies I have ever seen

Incredibly boring
Unlikable characters
Really really bad practical effects

It is easy the worst original movie out of the big 3 Michael,Jason,Freddy

I would not recommend this movie to anybody

IMO, parts 4 and 7, in that order, are by far are the best of the franchise.

Great suspense, great scares and great kills. I feel like they both nail the signature FT13 eerieness and Jason is on point in both.

I have never sat down and actually watched the entire movie before

But I have seen bits and pieces on TV and clips on youtube

Can't wait for your take on that one . . . if you make it that far.

You don't sound too enthusiastic at this point.

Can't wait for your take on that one . . . if you make it that far.

You don't sound too enthusiastic at this point.

I am just hoping that they get more streamlined and focus more on Jason and I expect them too

I am only on part 2 currently

So I am still very early in the series

Great suspense, great scares and great kills. I feel like they both nail the signature FT13 eerieness and Jason is on point in both.

I am most excited about the one with Corey Feldman

From the research I have done people seem to really enjoy his character

I am most excited about the one with Corey Feldman

From the research I have done people seem to really enjoy his character

Young Cory Feldman was a hell of an actor. He definitely elevates the whole movie and is a major factor in why it's the best of the series. And his character is probably the most memorable of the series.

I think I'm gonna have to dust off my copy and watch it.

i am watching part 4 right now its pretty good.
the inclusion of a child really elevates the suspense and sympathy for the characters. the gore and effects are stepped up a notch. Jason is now squashing peoples heads on the reg, opening up the supernatural angle a bit before e it becomes a trademark of the series.
after this i am going to watch FTT6
as far as worst FTT movies 3 was pretty bad, and i don't know i can make myself take another stab a 5

Friday Part 6 is my favorite of the series. It’s the most campy and doesn’t take itself serious. It knew what kind of movie it was and had fun with it. Jason Takes Manhattan has some of that same vibe to it, but not nearly as entertaining.

Friday Part 6 is my favorite of the series. It’s the most campy and doesn’t take itself serious. It knew what kind of movie it was and had fun with it. Jason Takes Manhattan has some of that same vibe to it, but not nearly as entertaining.
yes that is what i remember about the movie which is why i want to go back and watch it again. that is the appeal of the Slasher film IMO campy gory fun, some parts frightening some parts hilarious.

Bunch of slack jawed f*****s around here, talking shit about the first four Friday the 13th movies.

Those movies will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Bunch of slack jawed f*****s around here, talking shit about the first four Friday the 13th movies.

Those movies will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus.
1,2, and 4 are great but three was a swing and a miss for me. what ami missing??

Back