Your top 3 glove brands you have owned

RB10. Very sturdy, just couldn't keep them dry at the time so they started to stink. In desperation I gave them the washing machine and drier on a low to medium heat. Still going strong.

Wow I can't believe a pair of glove survived the washing machine !!!

Wow I can't believe a pair of glove survived the washing machine !!!

I was the same. Washed them countless times though and they feel the same now as they did in 2013. Beats all the half arsed methods to stop them stinking

1) Fairtex BGV9 14oz.
2) Casanova lace up 14oz.
3) Cleto Reyes hook & loop 16oz.

The Fairtex is a super glove and is my top pick to date.
The Casanova’s would be #1 if the hand box wasn’t so large. I can make a good fist with these and put a full house shot with no fear of any pain lol.
The Reyes gloves are not really broken in yet so they might go up. The hand box imo, is too snug yet. I am not a fan of the thumb but it is getting better as the piping at the base stretches out. It has top shelf build and materials and is the best when compared to the others in this department.
A couple of side notes; my Everlast leather Powerlocks would be my #1 for comfort but The foam breaks down in just 3 months of medium use on a heavy bag.
I have New Sporting gloves being made as we speak so my picks might change in the near future.
~ Mike

Ok I got the New Sporting mitts in and it now sits on the top of my list (12oz.). I just hit bag and pads as my sparring days have long passed lol. The hand pocket is perfect and you can make a good fist. The thumbs are ok and not overly tight on the base piping like Reyes. Wrist support is very good as expected as these are lace ups. The design is such that your knuckles will land flat. This delivers max energy as you would ideally want. You can throw full house shots confidently with these. The only other set that I found that has these traits were Casanova’s which I have. The foam is excellent and you get a nice pop. Hoping on good durability but time will tell. I am harder on my left glove as it gathers more mileage than my right and the foam will really get tested on these lol.
~ Mike

Ok I got the New Sporting mitts in and it now sits on the top of my list (12oz.). I just hit bag and pads as my sparring days have long passed lol. The hand pocket is perfect and you can make a good fist. The thumbs are ok and not overly tight on the base piping like Reyes. Wrist support is very good as expected as these are lace ups. The design is such that your knuckles will land flat. This delivers max energy as you would ideally want. You can throw full house shots confidently with these. The only other set that I found that has these traits were Casanova’s which I have. The foam is excellent and you get a nice pop. Hoping on good durability but time will tell. I am harder on my left glove as it gathers more mileage than my right and the foam will really get tested on these lol.
~ Mike
how much they cost and from where do you purchase them?

I paid $330.00 for 3 pairs shipped. The shipping was $80.00. For single pair they quoted me $60.00 shipping.
I purchased them directly from New Sporting. They were shipped to my home state, Hawaii

Last edited:
What are the favorite brands of gloves that you have personally owned?

For me
1. Fairtex - My favorite glove brand specifically the BGV9
2. Topboxer - Best brand for customization
3. Cleto Reyes - Most durable gloves I have ever owned.

1. Fairtex - top quality, relatively small profile (good for a small dude like me)
2. Top King - good quality for a good price, first pair of "real" gloves
3. Hayabusa - even though its a MMA brand, I love the wrist support their gloves offer (overpriced though)

@Uncle Salty, I've ordered three pairs from New Sporting, all 16oz, two with extra padding 1 standard. I can't wait! Do you prefer them over your cletos?

My current top 3 are :
Cleto Reyes 16oz Laces
Cleto Reyes 16oz Hook & Loop
Rival RS11V

Last edited:
As of now yes. My Cleto’s are not really broken in yet though. The Cleto’s thumb is my biggest gripe. The piping at the base of the thumb are uncomfortably tight. It’s slowly stretching though and honestly can’t tell till it is fully broken in and comfortable.
The Reyes finish is a lot more refined with higher grade of leather imo. That aside the New Sporting set is a super design that I like. Your punches will land flat and square unlike a lot of gloves where your middle knuckles seem to be a bit out front. I’m hoping the excellent foam will be durable as time goes by.

@Uncle Salty,

Here is an image of my gloves hopefully receive them next Thursday.

46855712_1648593368772542_3072923317875769344_n.jpg

1. Boxeo - they fit me the best and my opinion's based on a rotation rather than a single pair.
2. Cleto Reyes - only the hybrids. They'd be #1 but not good for sparring (M is what fits and they're hard).
3. Boon

my RB10 are amazing...but they stink...
Love my lace-up Cleto Reyes

I hated Hayubasa and Leone

Hi Guys, I'm just getting into kickboxing and looking to purchase some gloves. Money isn't really a issue, but I wouldn't wanna go too overboard, what would you recommend and what Oz? I'm new to all this stuff, thank you for the help and sorry for asking here, I seem to have insufficient permissions to make a forum post as I'm new? Many Thanks!

Hi Guys, I'm just getting into kickboxing and looking to purchase some gloves. Money isn't really a issue, but I wouldn't wanna go too overboard, what would you recommend and what Oz? I'm new to all this stuff, thank you for the help and sorry for asking here, I seem to have insufficient permissions to make a forum post as I'm new? Many Thanks!

Depends on what you need? 16oz Twins, Topking, Fairtex any of those should be good enough for you, though there isn't much clinching in kickboxing so you could get away with straight boxing gloves too.

Where in the world are you located?

Where in the world are you located?

Hi thank you for the reply,

I am located in London, United kingdom :) I've tried a boxing class and a kickboxing class now and I think I'm more tempted to go the boxing route of things to start off with. So I'll be in need of boxing gloves.

Depends on what you need? 16oz Twins, Topking, Fairtex any of those should be good enough for you, though there isn't much clinching in kickboxing so you could get away with straight boxing gloves too.

Hi, thank you for the reply also. I will be doing boxing now after doing a trial class of this also, I think It would be better to start with as it's less complicated in the aspect of it's just your hands, not your legs / elbows etc. I may move on to kickboxing when I get more comfortable! Will them gloves work for boxing?

Hi thank you for the reply,

I am located in London, United kingdom :) I've tried a boxing class and a kickboxing class now and I think I'm more tempted to go the boxing route of things to start off with. So I'll be in need of boxing gloves.

Hi, thank you for the reply also. I will be doing boxing now after doing a trial class of this also, I think It would be better to start with as it's less complicated in the aspect of it's just your hands, not your legs / elbows etc. I may move on to kickboxing when I get more comfortable! Will them gloves work for boxing?
You can get stock TopBoxer gloves off the ebay store for 69+17 which are good, https://unifiedboxing.co.uk/collect...-heavy-bag-boxing-glove?variant=7757202980930 for about 55 with postage, https://www.nutritionking.co.uk/supplement-shop/boxing-gloves-glove-kings-velcro-cowhide-leather/ for 50 incl. postage, little bit worse than the Unified I would think. All those are good value. If you think you'll end up sparring, then get 16oz if you're over 65kg, maybe 14oz below depending on whether your gym would let you use that for sparring at your weight.

As for boxing/kickboxing, don't think of kickboxing as boxing plus kicks, or think of boxing as just punches. They're different sports. Anyway, the gloves needed are the same at least.

winning
boon
twins

You can get stock TopBoxer gloves off the ebay store for 69+17 which are good, https://unifiedboxing.co.uk/collect...-heavy-bag-boxing-glove?variant=7757202980930 for about 55 with postage, https://www.nutritionking.co.uk/supplement-shop/boxing-gloves-glove-kings-velcro-cowhide-leather/ for 50 incl. postage, little bit worse than the Unified I would think. All those are good value. If you think you'll end up sparring, then get 16oz if you're over 65kg, maybe 14oz below depending on whether your gym would let you use that for sparring at your weight.

As for boxing/kickboxing, don't think of kickboxing as boxing plus kicks, or think of boxing as just punches. They're different sports. Anyway, the gloves needed are the same at least.

Thank you so much for the reply, very helpful :) I will have a look at the ones from Ebay but the Unified ones look really good. I only meant that I would have to master my main offensive tool which would be my hands, rather then having to master a variety of tools such as my elbows / legs on top of hands. So it may be easier for me to work towards kickboxing after boxing :)

I weight around 9 stone which is around 57-60kg, I'm pretty light haha. Would you say get the 14oz over the 16 based on that or any less Oz?

Thank you so much for the reply, very helpful :) I will have a look at the ones from Ebay but the Unified ones look really good. I only meant that I would have to master my main offensive tool which would be my hands, rather then having to master a variety of tools such as my elbows / legs on top of hands. So it may be easier for me to work towards kickboxing after boxing :)

I weight around 9 stone which is around 57-60kg, I'm pretty light haha. Would you say get the 14oz over the 16 based on that or any less Oz?

16oz is what most boxing gyms say you should use for sparring, with exceptions being made for lighter individuals who often are allowed to go with 14oz. So, if you plan to one day spar in the future, and if you want to have a single pair of gloves and be able to use your gloves for sparring as well as everything else, then you should probably get the oz weight that your gym/coach is happy for you to spar in once you get to that stage down the line (whether that's 16oz or 14oz) so you'd need to ask them about it. To be clear, by sparring I'm talking about when you see guys in the ring boxing each other with headguards on, and not just the technical drills in the class which might involve lightly throwing and defending set punch combinations against one another (where the size of glove doesn't matter). Maybe you don't plan to spar or just don't think you'll end up sparring with any regularity, in which case probably anything from 10oz to 14oz would be fine. Anyways, that's just my 2 cent, best of luck with whatever you go with.

Back