Golden Eye
Serious Sam- maybe my fa 'arcade' shooter/game ever

Halo: CE
Doom
Halo 2
Golden Eye
Serious Sam- maybe my fa 'arcade' shooter/game ever

Serious Sam is the shit. The first one, anyway

Have you ever tried Painkiller? That's a similar game - lots of crowd management. It has the stake gun which is one of the most badass weapons in an FPS ever

Certainly can see others not agreeing, but these are probably the most fun time I had playing an FPS. No order.

Heretic
Doom 64
Halo 2
Quake 3
Alien Vs Predator

Serious Sam is the shit. The first one, anyway

Have you ever tried Painkiller? That's a similar game - lots of crowd management. It has the stake gun which is one of the most badass weapons in an FPS ever

Nope. I'm still living in the xbox 360 days and my kid's switch.

Duke Nukem 3D
Half Life
Deus Ex (if that counts?)
Goldeneye
System Shock 2

Certainly can see others not agreeing, but these are probably the most fun time I had playing an FPS. No order.

Heretic
Doom 64
Halo 2
Quake 3
Alien Vs Predator

Heretic was awesome. I fucking loved that game and Hexen back in the day.

And the 1998 Alien vs Predator game for PC was fucking legit.

I only ever played Doom 64 for the first time just a few years ago using an emulator. It’s not quite PC Doom but I liked it. Kind of interesting that it wasn’t just a simple port of Doom to the 64 the way Duke 64 and Quake 64 were, but was instead a completely different game with all its own assets for the monsters and guns, some of which I actually thought looked better, like the pinky demons.

PC:

latest

64:
qbnyyrqkantpjcqpyw3b.jpg

I only ever played Doom 64 for the first time just a few years ago using an emulator. It’s not quite PC Doom but I liked it. Kind of interesting that it wasn’t just a simple port of Doom to the 64 the way Duke 64 and Quake 64 were, but was instead a completely different game with all its own assets for the monsters and guns, some of which I actually thought looked better, like the pinky demons.

PC:

latest

64:
qbnyyrqkantpjcqpyw3b.jpg

Doom (OG Doom) has an amazing community that has overhauled the game countless times bro. You can even get shit like H-Doom (Hentai Doom)

ICARUSLIV3S is a youtuber who pretty much just reviews Doom mods

Doom (OG Doom) has an amazing community that has overhauled the game countless times bro. You can even get shit like H-Doom (Hentai Doom)

ICARUSLIV3S is a youtuber who pretty much just reviews Doom mods

I remember summer 1994 my oldest brother came home from university and brought his 486 PC. He hooked up his 28.8k modem to our family’s house phone line so he could log on to a BBS and download some WADs for Doom like the Aliens WAD, Beavis and Butthead WAD and a Star Trek TNG WAD that replaced imps with Borg.

The prototypes for mods that followed in later games.

I remember summer 1994 my oldest brother came home from university and brought his 486 PC. He hooked up his 28.8k modem to our family’s house phone line so he could log on to a BBS and download some WADs for Doom like the Aliens WAD, Beavis and Butthead WAD and a Star Trek TNG WAD that replaced imps with Borg.

Me and my dad built a duel processor 486 in the early 90’s that I played the ever loving hell out of doom on.

I threw that whole tower away a few years ago and it still worked. CRT monitor and all.

I’m kicking the shit out of myself now for chunking it at a r cycling center.

FPS is my least fave genre but I will attempt a list.

1. Halo
2. Doom II
3. Medal of Honor (2010)
4. DOOM (2016)
5. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Edit: derped out and forgot Jedi Knight II. Gonna replace MW with that.

Last edited:
I’ve never actually owned a cod game, my old roommate did on his ps2 though.

Whichever one it was that had the first zombie levels on it. We played the absolute crap out of that one and especially the zombie levels.

Had to start over at zombie level one each time and clear the room and kept going up levels and opening new “doors” to make the level bigger basically each time.

That is high up there with favorites for pure fun me and him drinking beer and blasting zombies for hours on end.

PC:

latest

64:
qbnyyrqkantpjcqpyw3b.jpg
I always liked the pink pinkies better.

Counter-Strike Source
Modern Warfare 2
Halo 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
BLOPS 1

If Overwatch counts I'll switch that for BLOPS.

At first I played Doom on 386/33, most of the time fps was probably in single digits but little did I care!

Oh and the choice of having either Doom or Wing Commander installed, no space for both of 'em!

Halo 3
MW 3
Time Splitters
Halo 2

MW3 gets a lot of undeserved hate imo

Halo
CS
Doom
Goldeneye
Half Life

Edit: I originally said TS2, I'm going with Future Perfect. I'm also swapping out Day of Defeat with Red Faction.

Timesplitters* Future Perfect
Tribes
Doom 2016
Red Faction*
Half Life 1 & 2

I've wanted to play Deus Ex and No One Lives Forever for awhile meow but haven't gotten around to it

Honorable mentions:

Quake 1-3, Unreal Tournament 2003 (there might be better ones but it's the last one I played), COD: WaW, Perfect Dark, AvP, Day of Defeat

Tribes and Timesplitters 2 are probably the most fun I've ever had playing FPS games for very different reasons. I absolutely adore both of them

Last edited:
Back