Your unpopular MMA opinions

WMMA should be on separate cards.

Conor is far better than his haters would ever allow themselves to admit, but not as good as his most ardent supporters suggest.

I mean, it makes sense. Their fighting ability is enhanced by the rage and self-loathing regarding their impotence.

Their whole warm up routine is a full length mirror, baby oil and bright lights. They leave that backroom ready to kill sum...

With many a cry of "why me, huh??" and "it's not FAIR!!"

Literally zero lol
Well that's a help. But I got Doom on that all day. Bisping would NEVER KO Werdum.

(Yes that's the sum of my thinking on the matter. I'm a MMathematician)

Alvarez is arguably the greatest LW. He came to the UFC past-his-prime after many wars and was still able to win the UFC championship after beating 3 top LWs.

His accomplishments in MMA speak for itself but people discredit him because he had a bad loss to Mcgregor. I hope he wins this Saturday.

DJ is overrated.
Cruz is underrated.
Luke is the best Middleweight currently.
Faber is turning Cody and TJ against each other.
Michael Bisping looked out of shape in both the GSP fight and the Kevlin fight.

UFC's only way to make stars is to wait for a great champion to be upset instead of making the champion the star.

TJ pure skill wise is the best fighter IMO. (and that's coming from a Cruz fan)
TJ is also the fastest progressing fighter, each fight you can see him getting noticeably better.
If Cody and TJ fought 10 times it would be very close to 5/5.(Styles make fights. )

Gastelum isn't that good (sorry :p)

Shogun can win the LHW belt back if the circumstances are right and the stars align

-Jon Jones is the GOAT
-I'm a GSP fan but he was on PEDs for a big part of his career
-Fedor was also not clean
-MM has yet to surpass Tony Ferguson in terms of resume
-Kevin Lee is a future champ
-Healthy Khabib is LW GOAT
-Conor most likely KOs Ferguson
-Ben Askren would run through the UFC WW division

Jon Anik is one of the best commentators and I like this guy
DC on the other hand is absolutely horrible-screaming into a microphone (!), unprofessional behaviour (Thug rose), cant emphasis sentences. Great guy and fighter though.
everx female ufc fighter (even cindy dardois) would beat 90 percent of the guys on sherdog
discuss and state your own

Marketing is overrated. If someone's good they'll find fans. If not they won't.

GOAT discussions are redundant & boring.

MMA was created to showcase skill versus skill. Most every fight is interesting because of that.

It's more fun to watch when you aren't rooting too much for one particular fighter.

Standard disclaimer, this thread should be done every 2-3 months..nice and fresh!! So for mine...

I don’t care about Demetrious Johnson...almost not at all

Cain Velasquez was and is overrated

Sakuraba was and is overrated

I love Ronda and I think most mma fans, even through the hate, love her a little bit too

Some fighters are allowed to use PEDs and get away with it.

Some fights are fixed.

99% of the fighters have taken some kind of PED's, or cheated in order to help gain an edge.

MCG got his path to championship by fighting easy matches.

Back