Your unpopular MMA opinions

Decisions are stupid. 80% of them should be draws.

Not all decisions are stupid, but some are. And the 10-9 must system is really flawed for MMA.

In some fights, it's hard to see one guy lose, when he did as much as his opponent. Like a coin flip

Not all decisions are stupid, but some are. And the 10-9 must system is really flawed for MMA.

In some fights, it's hard to see one guy lose, when he did as much as his opponent. Like a coin flip

Basically much of Bader and Davis's careers, unimpressive edged decisions where they did next to nothing that shouldn't count for much.

Last edited:
MMA as a sport would be better without judges and fighters should only get the win with a finish or stoppage.
If a fight goes full 3 or 5 rounds it should always be a draw.

They should get rid of stand-ups or clinch breaks. It would force the guy on bottom to get up/out or look for subs and it would open up opportunities for the guy on top to GnP and submit.

Extended fingers should get a warning, point deduction the second time. Eye pokes should get immediate point deduction even when accidental. Second eye poke is a DQ.

I don't know how unpopular this opinion of mine is, but I think Chris was ready to give in when Anderson got back to his feet in their first encounter. If Silva hadn't been so intent on clowning, he would have finished him quickly afterwards.

Second fight was a different story, however. Chris demystified Anderson with that KO and was ready to outright own him the second time around.

Whitaker lost the 2nd Romero fight.

MacDonald/Lawler was a great fight but definitely isn't the greatest fight of all time.

Rashad was on steroids until USADA came in.

Cruz should be ranked way higher than TJ & DJ in the P4P list. One got melted by 2 midgets and the other got tossed around like it was nothing. + 8 title defences. + 3 belts + undefeated for 10 years.

Dividing athletes by gender and appreciating their skills and giving them credit for their performance in relation to the competition in their own gender divisions is waaaaaaay more legit than dividing athletes by weight and giving them credit for their performance in relation to the competition in their own narrow size divisions.

ie. Being the baddest woman on the planet, no exceptions, is more impressive to me than being the baddest man on the planet... among a subset of other men who weigh less than 155 lbs.

Back