Your unpopular opinions on music

Led Zeppelin is the best cover band ever.

The Beatles are boring and should be forgotten.

The Backstreet boys actually have a couple of good songs.

Michael Jackson's Dangerous is his best album and not Thriller.

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy album is really good.

Country sucks, Jazz mostly sucks. Rap sucks, R&B was good in the 90's but sucks now. AC/DC sucks, the Beatles are overrated, dubstep sucks, Bieber sucks, Kanye is overrated, most pop music sucks.

What the hell? I thought you were black? What do you listen to?

Nirvana does nothing for me. I like grunge music, but I can't stand Nirvana.

Hell, I don't even consider Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, or Pearl Jam to be grunge bands at all. I consider them to be either heavy metal or hard rock. But I guess they were all lumped into that grunge category because they originate from the same city as Nirvana.

• Never got into Springsteen
  • Never got into U2
  • Contemporary country is complete crap
  • Almost every rap song in the past 15 years has sucked ass
  • Alice in Chains blows Nirvana out of the water
  • Plagiarism accusations against Led Zeppelin are overblown and their best stuff is totally original anyway
  • Glam rock is better than punk and punk is derivative of glam anyway, it's basically just glam without all the fun
  • Gary Glitter made a lot of good songs, a TON of artists rip him off to this day without any credit, and trying to censor his music and its influence is stupid
  • Too many of today's singers have whiny, effeminate voices, too many baritones that think they are tenors, and high pitched tenors that sound like little bitches. Actual gay men back in the day didn't sound this gay. Freddie Mercury and Elton John, for instance
  • Sam Smith is overrated as fuck, he can't sing live and he uses his homosexuality like a cheap gimmick

THANK YOU. For fucks sakes, someone's on the same boat as me regarding these opinions.

Elvis was crap.
He was pretty funny when he got fat and sweaty, though

Beatles and the Doors are overrated.
Taylor Swift is a fraud and is actually a complete dick of a person.
Boy Band music is catchy as hell.
Rock music has lost its way.
Drake is a manufactured artist who has ghost writers and has a great PR team. He's the Conor McGregor of hip hop music.
Biggie and Tupac wouldn't be as famous as they are if they were alive.
John Mayer is the greatest singer/songwriter/guitarist of this generation.
Britney Spears was never talented.
Elvis isn't the King of Rock and Roll. He's not even in the royal court of Rock and Roll.

Creed gets a bad rap

Smells Like Teen Spirit is the worst Nirvana song.

The Beatles are boring.

Hendrix wasn't an amazing guitarist.

This thread should be renamed to "controversial opinions on music". Not "unpopular".

I'm flag to see all the hate for grunge, the Beatles and the doors. The doors and Beatles sound like carnival music . nirvana and pearl jam make my ears bleed. If it wasn't for the current interest in 90's pop culture grunge would be forgotten. I think the aging hippie demographic is responsible for continued interest in the Beatles and doors.
I think music reached its pinnacle during the 80's and has been slowly going down hill since .
Also metal is underrated if anything

Michael Jackson's Dangerous is his best album and not Thriller..

I noticed people are always going on about Thriller, and purely in terms of sales it's the highest selling album of all time, but Off The Wall and Dangerous have always been better.

Hip-Hop was legit from it's roots up until around the native tongues movement (A Tribe Called Quest/Jungle Brothers/De La Soul etc.) But Gangsta Rap was the beginning of the corporate take over. Don't get me wrong, I like Public Enemy, but NWA never did it for me, Tupac was overrated as fuck and Biggie had him beat.

For all the people who herald Grunge for killing hair metal, it also killed a lot of alternative rock in the early 90s at which point Britpop took the torch and buried so many good shoegaze/alt bands.

The MSM push into Rock and Hip-Hop at the same time is what resulted in the drought of good music from the mid to late 90s.

Metal > Rap.

The Eagles, AC/DC and Kiss are over-rated.

I don't consider AC/DC a Metal band.

Hendrix was incredibly influential and wrote some great songs, but he isn't the greatest guitar player of all time.

Last edited:
Metal > Rap.

The Eagles, AC/DC and Kiss are over-rated.

I don't consider AC/DC a Metal band.

Hendrix was incredibly influential and wrote some great songs, but he isn't the greatest guitar player of all time.
Most music fans wouldn't. The only people who say shit like that are idiot entertainment reporters sent out to cover something they don't understand. They're the epitome of hard rock and I think most fans understand that.

Back