Your unpopular opinions on music

What the hell? I thought you were black? What do you listen to?

Lol I am. Half anyway. I have to listen to rap?

HEOJs.jpg

I like rock, alternative, metal, house. But mostly alternative.

I went to the Pop Odyssey tour, and it was incredible

flame on
two of the greatest live singers currently are largely completely unknown the masses b/c they're gospel singers
smokie norful is absurd

and my dude, the GOAT david phelps. I'm not even religious at all and i watch this cat every day, he's incredible

Last edited:
  • Never got into Springsteen
  • Never got into U2
  • Contemporary country is complete crap
  • Almost every rap song in the past 15 years has sucked ass
  • Alice in Chains blows Nirvana out of the water
  • Plagiarism accusations against Led Zeppelin are overblown and their best stuff is totally original anyway
  • Glam rock is better than punk and punk is derivative of glam anyway, it's basically just glam without all the fun
  • Gary Glitter made a lot of good songs, a TON of artists rip him off to this day without any credit, and trying to censor his music and its influence is stupid
  • Too many of today's singers have whiny, effeminate voices, too many baritones that think they are tenors, and high pitched tenors that sound like little bitches. Actual gay men back in the day didn't sound this gay. Freddie Mercury and Elton John, for instance
  • Sam Smith is overrated as fuck, he can't sing live and he uses his homosexuality like a cheap gimmick
nah the led zep plagiarism accusations are totally accurate. dazed and confused black mountain side and many others were songs from bert jansch tim buckley and more. they were notorious for stealing riffs and complete songs. also Joan Jett's cover of Do you want to touch me is better than Gary Glitters, who should be forgotten for being a pedo. Also punk predates glam(Stooges 1969 and Stooges> any glam rocker.

Nirvana does nothing for me. I like grunge music, but I can't stand Nirvana.

Hell, I don't even consider Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, or Pearl Jam to be grunge bands at all. I consider them to be either heavy metal or hard rock. But I guess they were all lumped into that grunge category because they originate from the same city as Nirvana.
pretty much what you said there was punk influenced bands like Nirvana, Mudhoney, and L7 who pretty much is what grunge is then there is the other bands like AIC, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam who actually knew how to make good music.

Journey is worse than Nickelback.
Metal music is just classical music wankery with distorted guitars.
No one makes a good rap album anymore.

Kpop is garbage and Psy is a talentless fat hack.

I'm Korean and I don't give a damn.

Smells Like Teen Spirit is the worst Nirvana song.

The Beatles are boring.

Hendrix wasn't an amazing guitarist.
What made Hendrix an amazing guitarist was he was an innovator and absolutely no one was doing what he was.

Slipknot blows

Nu-metal is garbage

Metalcore is PURE GARBAGE it isn't really metal Yeah i know its called "Metalcore" but that doesn't mean its actual metal seriously look into it i dont want to have to explain it all.

Watain is a shit band who only put out one good album

Carach Angren is a shit band. nope no good albums not even gonna try to hear their discography

Black Witchery is fucking amazing, fuck you all who say they are a blasphemy wannabe band. i know they are obviously inspired from Blasphemy and bands with that style but to write them off completely because of it is moronic.

"any black metal bands that arent from europe arent TRVE" fuck you. fuck that mentality plenty of good bands out there doesn't matter where they're from a band can be "TRVE" without having to be from somewhere , where the fuck they come from means fuck all.

Cradle of Filth turned to shit after Midian, some will say it was after Cruetly and The Beast but meh i liked Midian.

Slipknot blows

Nu-metal is garbage

Metalcore is PURE GARBAGE it isn't really metal Yeah i know its called "Metalcore" but that doesn't mean its actual metal seriously look into it i dont want to have to explain it all.

Watain is a shit band who only put out one good album

Carach Angren is a shit band. nope no good albums not even gonna try to hear their discography

Black Witchery is fucking amazing, fuck you all who say they are a blasphemy wannabe band. i know they are obviously inspired from Blasphemy and bands with that style but to write them off completely because of it is moronic.

"any black metal bands that arent from europe arent TRVE" fuck you. fuck that mentality plenty of good bands out there doesn't matter where they're from a band can be "TRVE" without having to be from somewhere , where the fuck they come from means fuck all.

Cradle of Filth turned to shit after Midian, some will say it was after Cruetly and The Beast but meh i liked Midian.
I agree that Watain sucks big cock. Metalcore, Slipknot, nu metal... don't know, don't care. Black Witchery, I'm yet to listen to their music.

Carach Angren has at least one decent song in the phantom ship album. The rest failed to impress me.

It takes more skill too play Metal than almost any other genre, besides Jazz or Classical.

It takes more skill and talent to be able to sing well and write good vocal melodies than to rap.

Metal/Rock lyrics, on average, are more poetic, among other things, than pop or rap lyrics.

I agree that Watain sucks big cock. Metalcore, Slipknot, nu metal... don't know, don't care. Black Witchery, I'm yet to listen to their music.

Carach Angren has at least one decent song in the phantom ship album. The rest failed to impress me.

Watain just come off as pretentious to me trying to name drop Dissection to gain "street cred" from the metal genre lol Dissection is like 1000 times better than Watain Erik lying about playing in Dissection theres lots of reasons to dislike Watain... i don't know how they managed to release Casus Luciferi which is an amazing album and then release the rest of the crap they did doesn't make sense i will give them credit where credit is due Casus Lucferi is amazing but the rest of their discography doesn't do anything for me.

What about Cradle of Filth you have an opinion of them? like i don't know what happened but they used to be amazing and then something changed....Cradle is a guilty pleasure for me i don't like to admit i like them but ill listen to their old stuff sometimes...anything post Midian is dead to me though

and you should check out Black Witchery arguably or not the best USBM act right now if you are a fan of Beherit, Blasphemy, Revenge, ArchGoat etc. they have that style

Last edited:
nah the led zep plagiarism accusations are totally accurate. dazed and confused black mountain side and many others were songs from bert jansch tim buckley and more. they were notorious for stealing riffs and complete songs. also Joan Jett's cover of Do you want to touch me is better than Gary Glitters, who should be forgotten for being a pedo. Also punk predates glam(Stooges 1969 and Stooges> any glam rocker.
I said they're overblown, not nonexistent. You've got people who claim that Jimmy Page "stole" every lick he ever played, when in fact most of the plagiarism arises from Plant "borrowing" lyrics instead because in the early days of the band he wasn't an experienced songwriter yet. However he later on became a good lyricist in his own right.

I like Joan Jett, but her work was highly derivative of earlier glam rock artists like Suzi Quatro, Gary Glitter, Iron Virgin, etc. The way that she and Kim Fowler ripped off Iron Virgin's "Rebels Rule" to make "California Paradise" was much more blatant than anything Led Zeppelin ever did, but hardly anybody calls them out on it. Almost all of her best songs are cover songs as well. Glitter's original version was MUCH better. At least he came up with his own original sound that a TON of artists have "borrowed" from over the years.

Punk does NOT predate glam. The Stooges were proto-punk. As were many glam rock bands. Glam influenced punk not the other way around. This is VERY easy to research.

90% of guitar solos are pointless and add nothing to the song

Last edited:
No good metal has come out since 2004. And by good metal, I mean a whole fucking album of all killer, no filler which is universally acclaimed as Lamb of God's Ashes of the Wake was.

Back