Your vinyl collection

I've got an ever growing collection of maybe around 1000 records. Some very rare including many test press' of less than 20 copies, one that's 1 of 2... another that's 1 of 5 and 7...

Does anyone have a discogs account? I love that site. I've contributed some content to it and use it to catalog all my records. Also got some great deals as it's the place to buy! The 777 i have cataloged on the site are worth (Min: $7,374.41Med: $10,765.37Max: $16,999.45) If you use Discogs you can post a link to you collection for others to look at...

use this link then put your username at the end

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=

https://www.discogs.com/collection?user=inthewakeup

I have about 300 vinyls (around 1200 albums overall) and I really enjoy displaying them on my walls. It's hard to get a nice picture because they are mostly on corridors, but you'll get the idea.

View attachment 377739 View attachment 377741View attachment 377743

Hell yeah! Love those Mgla records.

Last edited:
Record fair is on today, gonna do a bit of crate digging....though I probs only get one or two as I am skint lol.

Latest additions:

gFnExTf.jpg

Looks like I am going to need a third holder for my records. The second one a coworker gave me for free is full and I have no more room to add new records without making everything a tight a fit that I fear will damage the records.

As per records I recently purchased: Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (20th anniversary 180 gram LP), Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory (Limited Edition 1000 blue LP) and Metallica's - Garage Day's Revisited (Remastered LP)

Feel free to checkout my discogs store, I've got nearly 700 records for sale;

https://www.discogs.com/seller/tongueandgroovetokyo/profile
I am going through your discog and you have a damn good taste in music. I might actually thinking about buying an LP or two from you. That reminds me, I gotta add all my LP's to my discog profile :D

I am going through your discog and you have a damn good taste in music. I might actually thinking about buying an LP or two from you. That reminds me, I gotta add all my LP's to my discog profile :D

Cheers, it's not my collection, just records I'm selling so it includes some good stuff and some junk (like multiple copies of The Sound of Music soundtrack and a bunch of Bay City Rollers records). I've bought quite a few lots not always knowing what was in them.

My vinyl collection is small, but so far I have:

1) Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
2) Michael Jackson - Thriller
3) Prince and The Revolution - Purple Rain
4) Chicago - Chicago IX
5) Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend
6) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
7) Johnny Cash - Legend of Johnny Cash
8) Bob Marley and The Wailers - Legend Remixed
9) Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
10: Outkast - Stankonia
11) Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Last edited:
My vinyl collection is small, but so far I have:

1) Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
2) Michael Jackson - Thriller
3) Prince and The Revolution - Purple Rain
4) Chicago - Chicago IX
5) Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend
6) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
7) Johnny Cash - Legend of Johnny Cash
8) Bob Marley and The Wailers - Legend Remixed
9) Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

Everyone has to start somewhere, damn fine collection.

97A3A6B9-951B-4AFF-AEB7-00606972D70C.jpeg I caught the vinyl sickness, big time.
This is the collection after about eighteen months. This is Bowie, punk, post punk, new wave.

I've got 500 - 600 records so far. Mostly Jazz and Classical, a little trip-hop.

Vacuum tubes and vinyl baby!

i literally have like seven total and my POS turntable broke within a week of buying it but i have:

paul mccartney - ram
whitney - light upon the lake
bon iver - bon iver
radiohead - ok computer
ariel pink - mature themes
beach boys - pet sounds

and i think one more but it’s off in a drawer somewhere and i can’t think of what it is

oh jeez, as old as I am I have over 300 vinyl albums going back to the late 60s.
a number of them are first press/releases: Doors/Soft Parade, Cream/Disraeli Gears, Zep/III and Zoso
I also have some colored vinyl rare presses, Beatles Let it Be in white vinyl, Steely Dan Asia in red vinyl
Blue Oyster Cult in blue vinyl, etc.

I have an almost complete set of Stones albums, my favs being Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street.
lol I just looked over at a stack of albums and saw an original of It's Only Rock and Roll by the Stones with the price tag
on it.....$2.50.

Last edited:
I've got 500 - 600 records so far. Mostly Jazz and Classical, a little trip-hop.

Vacuum tubes and vinyl baby!
I got a tube amp for cheap recently and am blown away by it, even with the modest speakers. I adore listening to acoustic music on it.

I got a tube amp for cheap recently and am blown away by it, even with the modest speakers. I adore listening to acoustic music on it.

Tubes are definitely the best. So much better sounding.

This is a part of it. I've got some more at a friend's house. We used to DJ together so sometimes we move a lot of his records to my house to play and vice versa.

PicsArt_04-23-08.04.43.jpg

PicsArt_04-23-08.05.43.jpg

PicsArt_04-23-08.05.14.jpg

PicsArt_04-23-08.08.05.jpg

Not a huge collection but I try to only buy new vinyl and my favorite albums/bands.

A6vai9m.jpg

Don't be hatin' on my Katy Perry Witness either. Good album.

View attachment 570103 I caught the vinyl sickness, big time.
This is the collection after about eighteen months. This is Bowie, punk, post punk, new wave.

Nice to see I'm not the only dude who religiously uses plastic sleeves. Damn OCD or somethin'.

Back