You're John Kavanagh, how do you prepare Conor for the Khabib rematch?

Pretend he has a chance, let him train however he wants since, obviously, it doesnt matter, then cash that enormous check after he gets beaten up again.

Send him to another camp.
This. We all know that Kavanaugh can't get him there. But Conor is afraid to train anywhere but with the team who already knows him and his weaknesses. Either that or he sticks with the team he came with. But they both equal the same.

Tell him to bend over and grin his teeth itll only be a second

Conor will need Mexican supplements to have any chance

melo3.0.0.gif

... please tell me how you would prepare him

if i was john kavanagh, judging by his past behaviour, id do whatever conor wanted, massage his ego, not get in any coaches or sparring partners that would call conor out on his bullshit, conor would lose, id get paid, and id say "you win or you learn", im pretty sure thats what i would do if i was john kavanagh

if i was me id force conor to go running every day and i'd make him spar bigger guys so that all his practises dont end in 5 seconds when he ko's artem for the 1000th time

Do striking 100% in the camp and hope for a lucky shot.

What can a coach do when the fighter loses heart when it gets tough?

Have him train in Russia in the middle of nowhere in a cabin with only Kavanaugh and Artem.He can chop down trees and pick rocks up with a pulley system. Dee can come halfway through camp for motivation, but the baby has to stay behind with the robot butler.
The av is fitting.

Conor of old is done, the mental game won't work anymore. No excuses anymore, fighters can see straight through him

He needs a different camp, with other top tier fighters who would drag his ass through hell in sparring and grappling.

Playing patty cake with Artem Lobov isn't going to get him ready for Khabib

I thought McGregor did well enough considering the grappling skill difference between the two. I'm not sure how he could realistically improve his performance. I imagine Khabib can only improve and will be substantially more dominant in the rematch.

Arrange a very special camp including Gunnar Nelson and Dillon Danis, possibly Askren.

Once on the feet, work on setting up Khabib for those lefts...

Not easy at all...Khabib is always moving, has a tough ass chin on top of the beast wrestling.

Jon Jones dick pills is about the only way

Back