Yousef Karami KO Dutch Open 2010 (TKD)

I missed it. I was too busy staring at that hot referee's ass.

That she does, but I like the way the knockout happened. The guy came thinking there would be no way his opponent would reach but him as he came in. However, the kick was done at the right time and hit the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Sweet kick.

The winner was classy in victory and showed genuine concern for the other guy.

Nice kick when I saw it was tae kwon do Ko I thought it might be a crazy spinning hook kick but that's definitely a move I think could be pulled off in mma with a decent percentage of landing.

Cung Le knocked out frank shamrock's gumshield with a similar style counter roundhouse kick to the head.

I don't think he faked the knockout. Yes it does not look powerful like he is swinging a bat in his face but it got the job done didn't it?

He certainly wasn't knocked out. Looked like it fucking hurt bad as hell as it landed clean on his face and he couldn't continue.

That didn't really look like a knockout to me, seemed more like an injury. It looks like he maybe got a broken nose or something since they brought a towel over to clean his face. I don't think his lights ever went out, he just quit because he got popped in the nose, which is kind of a pussy move.

Did any of you get hit in the nose like that and fall down exactly the same way? I know I did but I eventually got up and it did hurt. This must have been something else.

Brings back memories... I used to hate wearing all my gear.

I think a toe went into his eye. Didn't look like a knock out to me.

Nice kick when I saw it was tae kwon do Ko I thought it might be a crazy spinning hook kick but that's definitely a move I think could be pulled off in mma with a decent percentage of landing.

Cung Le knocked out frank shamrock's gumshield with a similar style counter roundhouse kick to the head.
cung le is a tae kwon do fighter so there is a high probability that it was similar if not same type kick

yea didnt look like clean knockout but it did look like a clean shot to the face
guy probbly did get his nose busted or somthing

I would have thought if it was a busted nose there would be more blood, also you can fight through a broken nose. If it was an eye poke I dont think he would lie on the ground like that for so long. Maybe it was a knockout and that guys jaw is made of glass.

hard to tell i dont want to sound critical of tkd guys but if your training for that type of comp i dont think they are ready for hard contact with there head.
and when you are not used to getting hit clean, and you do get hit clean it can take a much larger toll

also i think you could classify that kick a shot he didnt see coming and i believe he moved into it.

I would have thought if it was a busted nose there would be more blood, also you can fight through a broken nose. If it was an eye poke I dont think he would lie on the ground like that for so long. Maybe it was a knockout and that guys jaw is made of glass.

That's what i thought at first, but then i saw they brought the towel out and they seemed to be covering his nose with it. Maybe a toe caught him in the eye and cut his eyelid or something, which would make his reaction much more understandable.

Right after the impact you can see the guy on the ground holding his nose. It was an impressive kick, but it doesn

Back