Youth gloves, exxxxxxxxtra small?

FNF01

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey Guys so I was wondering what is the smallest pair of youth gloves out there? I figured I'd try to ask those who might have first hand experience. I couldn't find any specifics on youth gloves other then saying "youth" and am trying to find the smallest ones I can for my son. He is only 1.5yrs but absolutely loves to "train" with his mommy and daddy, and always wants to wear our gloves which the cuffs go all the way up to his elbow or shoulders depending lol. So they obviously don't have to have great support or padding etc because he's barley coordinated enough to hit anything let alone have any strength to at his age. So really I'm just looking for something to fit him and will stay on unlike ours and didn't want to go buy a whole boxing costume right before halloween (after maybe).

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with gloves this small other then costume gloves.

The smallest I have seen that are for real training are the Twins Special 4oz.

10505253_277946182392681_3363430726421125487_o.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen some kids at my gym back in Washington use some tiny version of Reyes gloves. It was cool looking cuz everything was the same about them. The leather quality was amazing I used to chuckle when I saw them in action.

Yeah you can buy the twins at 4oz but they'll still cost you 100 haha

Hey Guys so I was wondering what is the smallest pair of youth gloves out there? I figured I'd try to ask those who might have first hand experience. I couldn't find any specifics on youth gloves other then saying "youth" and am trying to find the smallest ones I can for my son. He is only 1.5yrs but absolutely loves to "train" with his mommy and daddy, and always wants to wear our gloves which the cuffs go all the way up to his elbow or shoulders depending lol. So they obviously don't have to have great support or padding etc because he's barley coordinated enough to hit anything let alone have any strength to at his age. So really I'm just looking for something to fit him and will stay on unlike ours and didn't want to go buy a whole boxing costume right before halloween (after maybe).

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with gloves this small other then costume gloves.

If you want some super small gloves, I have so many pairs of the adidas rookie gloves. I think they're marked as 8 oz, but I'll weigh them. My eight year at the gym olds can't even fit their hands into them.

If you want some super small gloves, I have so many pairs of the adidas rookie gloves. I think they're marked as 8 oz, but I'll weigh them. My eight year at the gym olds can't even fit their hands into them.

Wow too small for an 8yr old seems like that's the smallest I'm gonna get lol it's perfect. Do happen to know the overall length? Though it is very funny to watch my son use gloves that go up to his shoulders I think shorter gloves would be better, and his hands are so small now I'm not worried about the hand compartment so much

Wow too small for an 8yr old seems like that's the smallest I'm gonna get lol it's perfect. Do happen to know the overall length? Though it is very funny to watch my son use gloves that go up to his shoulders I think shorter gloves would be better, and his hands are so small now I'm not worried about the hand compartment so much

I'll take measurements when I bring them home tomorrow for sure and let you know. I just pmed you not too long ago.

I may get laughed out of this thread, but the smallest I had found for a reasonable price were tapout at Kmart. Cheapest youth gloves, I've found, too. $12 I think they are 6oz. For that price, they don't have to be durable. They are hook n loop with decent wrist protection. Still too big for my 6 year old daughter.

I may get laughed out of this thread, but the smallest I had found for a reasonable price were tapout at Kmart. Cheapest youth gloves, I've found, too. $12 I think they are 6oz. For that price, they don't have to be durable. They are hook n loop with decent wrist protection. Still too big for my 6 year old daughter.

I've actually tried on the adult version of those Tapout Hook and Loops. I personally think they're considerably better than the Everlast and Century UFC off-the-shelf pieces of crap!

Back