youth grappling shorts?

glocked1

White Belt
Reaction score
My son is going to start wrestling again this year soon. He is 7 years old and I want to get him some grappling shorts, since he said there is no way he'll wear a singlet(cant blame him). Any ideas? Ive see the Tapouts..which Id like to stay away from. Any other suggestions?

I'm pretty sure Pure Evil fight wear co. has a pair. You can check on their website.

if im not mistaken...i believe clinch gear shorts go as low as size 24 in waist..not sure if thats for kids though

Thanks guys. Ill check those out.

how about just regular shorts

He has always worn regular shorts. He said he wanted some 'wrestling shorts like dad wears' The kid lives in board shorts and flip flops in the summer, so he'll get some use out of them.

my 12 year old loves his pure evil fight shorts. i had to close the seam on the side a bit tighter. (they would open up too much) not sure if they have a size small enough to fit a 7 year old. he still wears his naga shorts to train in, just loves to compete in the other ones. these guys have plane shorts in a 22in waist. http://www.weteffect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=70

NAGA (North American Grapplers Association) sells grappling shorts in youth sizes

I don't typically endorse another company, but you might take a look at www.matmonster.com. They're a sister company of Ringside and Combat Sports and the main focus of the site is wrestling oriented, and they're pretty reliable.

Casca-Grossa.com has a nice pair for kids, and they have fast shipping.

Back