Youtube drops Logan Paul

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Daddy af, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Daddy af Orange Belt

Daddy af
    “After a week of debating whether to break things off with Logan Paul, one of its most popular professional ball-smackers/content providers, YouTube announced today that it’s formally cutting ties with the popular vlogger and former Vine star. The news comes not long after Paul brought the ire of the internet down on his distractingly floppy hair by posting a video of himself and some members of his crew supposedly stumbling over a dead body in a Japanese forest, and then treating the moment with all the gravitas he usually reserves for such sensitive portrayals of the human experience as “TEACHING MY PREGNANT ASSISTANT HOW TO GIVE BIRTH” or “OUR HAIR IS GONE.”

Now, YouTube has announced that Paul—who’s apologized profusely for the original video, presumably in an attempt to forestall consequences exactly like these—is no longer welcome on its Google Preferred ads program; also, none of his planned films will be offered up as YouTube Originals on the service’s subscription-based YouTube Red. (He will still be allowed to post on YouTube itself and monetize his videos, though, since this was only his account’s first “strike” in recent months.)”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.av...t-ties-with-vlogger-logan-paul-1821973022/amp

2. liljoe Brown Belt

liljoe
    Good to hear

3. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    I only saw the edited video so I can't really have an opinion about it. The one I saw shows his reaction after seeing the dead person and imo dude was nervously laughing about it, like when you laugh of disbelief. I don't think it's that big of deal but again I only saw the edited one.

Youtube is cutting ties with the guy but not blocking him from youtube which I guess is fine. It's a damage control move from them but is it really that necessary? What would happen with them if they didn't? Not much if anything.

TrueBias likes this.
  4. KnightTemplar Infinity Belt

KnightTemplar
    I honestly had no idea who this guy was until the story broke.

2008, DLX, Piece of Sheet and 32 others like this.
  5. syct23 ...ElipsisBelt...

syct23
    No idea who this fellow is..

But after seeing a pic or two..

Would not care to have a beer with..

6. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

surgeyou1
    Meh. It says he can still post and monetize videos. This is just a temporary PR move. His fanbase is way too big and stupid to just throw away.

7. Concrete Gold Belt

Concrete
    If you don't know why they wouldn't want to be associated with him, he's like that all the time, it wasn't one mistake in going to the suicide forest. He's the most obnoxious person imaginable.

8. TribalDrumz Orange Belt

TribalDrumz
    Still want to sock him up

TehJesus, ThulsaDooom and kenetics like this.
  9. RollSonnenRoll 1998 Cannonball Champion of Spring Break

RollSonnenRoll
    I have 12/13 year old cousins so I heard all about him over the holidays. Teenage girls love him and from my understanding that's all his fanbase.

10. TidWell Black Belt

TidWell
    (He will still be allowed to post on YouTube itself and monetize his videos, though, since this was only his account’s first “strike” in recent months.)”

So basically he is not going to suffer, dudes still going to make a million a month from adsense

I thought they demonetized him?

Whats weird is people who made videos commentating on the subject and reacting to his apology and video got their channels demonetized, Youtube and google have become a joke,

I wish Yahoo or Bing or something could at least compete the problem is Google has so much brand loyalty people are already familiar with it and only use it because its the most popular, its Google, Amazon, facebook and Apple

bufetadanacara, Robocok and Zer like this.
  11. TidWell Black Belt

TidWell

Youtube is doing some PR, they are not punishing him at all, if they were they would demonetize his channel removing his ability to make money from videos, but they still allowing him to post videos and monetize them so its nothing

his videos are going to make even more money with he controversy, so he is just sitting pretty and collecting money every month over a million a month off ads on his videos, more people are watching his videos curious about him and those video ads pay a buck or two

Youtube is owned by Google, Google also fucked up the search Algorithm, I cant find hit only thing that shows up are new articles by rich powerful websites in search. Its all about money I miss searching something and finding some small blog on the front page that had an interesting opinion

KnightTemplar likes this.
  12. HelloJapan Talking loud and saying nothing.

HelloJapan
    I want to assault that guy.

13. JaegerIT per aspera ad astra

JaegerIT
    this guy is a jackass, but honestly i dont see a reason to take his job away thought, so its cool he had some consequences i guess, his brother is a jackass too, they can eat shit for all i care but they are still in youtube, so fuck them.

PewDiePie bless

14. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    Holy shit, I want to punch that guy. Please Youtube go ahead and delete his account.

XalexinchainsX and shanegotu11 like this.
  15. ShoelessRye Silver Belt

ShoelessRye
    Guy is a multi-millionaire buying 7M mansion recently if I'm thinking of the same internet guy. He'll do alright.

16. BEER Resident Feminist

BEER
    I have no idea who this dude is but now I know that I don't like him.

Hoof Hearted and Silent Liker like this.
  17. Revolver you sound poor

Revolver
    Never heard of this can. Who cares.

18. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    You can still have a channel, post your videos and get paid to drive traffic to our site, but we're totally done with you! It's over!

ROFL. Oh' Youtube.

19. blaseblah Red Belt

blaseblah
    Makes sense. They are constantly demonetizing channels with much less offensive content than this guy. It was hypocritical to be promoting this guy while simultaneously punishing other non-PC content.

JaegerIT likes this.
  20. JaegerIT per aspera ad astra

JaegerIT
    yep, small channels are the ones that are fucked, big ones that drive traffic towards the site are too big to fail basically