Youtube Embed is in flash where's HTML5?

WezzY

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
browsing video threads on Android is stupid all the videos are "plugin not supported"

why are the embeds still the flash version?
it's dead time to move on

Hi guy, firstly i'dlike to mention I'm a long time reader but never posted, in any forum in general,well, except for getting/offering help.

Now on with this bug; sometimes I cannot see medias in a post, even more the post it self is empty. Like the first post in this thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...-heated-altercation-batista-city-bus-3095731/

Can anyone help me with this bug?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies
If you're using a Mozilla-based browser make sure you've got Flash installed from the adobe website. If you're using Chrome, check and make sure the pepperflash.dll plugin isn't disabled.

You could try using a browser like Flashfox Pro (there is a free version, but it'd pay the buck or 2 for the pro version). It will run flash on mobile, and is otherwise just the Firefox browser.
Not the most elegant solution, but it works just fine when needed.

I came here to post the same thing.

Using Chrome on android lollipop 5.0.

Whats up with this? I've never had a problem until like 5 days ago. What gives? What changed?

If you're using a Mozilla-based browser make sure you've got Flash installed from the adobe website. If you're using Chrome, check and make sure the pepperflash.dll plugin isn't disabled.
I'm using a modzilla-based browser, I have flash shockwave player(acquired from adobe's site) & I recently updated flash shockwave player... still stock with the same bug. I guess for now I'll continue to use the pages source code to get the medias unseen links. Thanks anyway you kind sir.

Any other tips guys?

We're going to be migrating to a new software within the next few weeks. It seems like a recent issue, so maybe the tech Admins removed a few features before the migration.

I'm using a modzilla-based browser, I have flash shockwave player(acquired from adobe's site) & I recently updated flash shockwave player... still stock with the same bug. I guess for now I'll continue to use the pages source code to get the medias unseen links. Thanks anyway you kind sir.

Any other tips guys?

Are you running script-blocking software?

I have both Firefox and Pale Moon installed on this machine, and I can assure you Flash content plays just fine and YouTube embeds have complete functionality in both.

We're going to be migrating to a new software within the next few weeks. It seems like a recent issue, so maybe the tech Admins removed a few features before the migration.

Hope this gets sorted in the move. I'm reduced to tablet access since my laptop died, one that resists rooting at present...

No, I don't, at least none that I'm aware of.

I have both Firefox and Pale Moon installed on this machine
I only use Firefox.

This bug only occurs here at Sherdog and on no other sites. Also, I'm not the only member to whom this bug happens, so with that in mind, maybe an admin aid could help and do a difference, but I think this place is members/self help based? right?

Again, thanks for your time.

I don't remember downloading anything for this on my previous phone, but how do I correct this nonsense?

Where yt videos should be it says "this plugin is not supported"

Are you experiencing this on desktop as well? Right now it's a problem for everyone on Mobile.

I do not use my phone for those kinds of things, only with my pc.

Flash is no longer supported on mobile

Any update on when this will be sorted out? It's a pain as I do most of my sherdoggin on the go on my phone

So....I guess I'm not the only one.

I have both Firefox and Pale Moon installed on this machine, and I can assure you Flash content plays just fine and YouTube embeds have complete functionality in both.

I haven't changed anything on my pho e and YouTube is not working

Thanks, as I was also confused as to why embedded vids were no longer supported

make sure your browser setup stops HTML5 canvas fingerprint via command argument or whatever method you fine

Going through some delays, right now the migration is being planned for December.

Throwing my hat in the ring, too.

I think this should be a pretty high priority for sherdog, as it makes the browsing experience vastly inferior to before.

Im on a Sony Xperia z3 most of the time and I can't ever watch videos on the dog.

Any ideas if and when this will be rectified?

I thought I was the only one. Incredibly annoying haha.

Hopefully in around two weeks. We'll be switching from vBulletin to Xenforo software soon.

Used to be able to view videos on this site, now *poof* I'm not.

How can I correct this?

I'm on Chrome mobile, by the way.

Hopefully in around two weeks. We'll be switching from vBulletin to Xenforo software soon.

Thanks for updating the thread, Lethal. This has been infuriating because I can't do things like:

1) Comment of Jon Jones technique Sumo lifting 545 lbs

2) Comment on an 8 y/o girl's stiriking technique

3) See an SRO ragdoll a school-girl in the war room

4) Pursue a meaningful online life

;) love you

For the past few weeks thought i was the only one and eventually had enough and was gonna make a thread in support. I'm glad to see its a forum issue and not just my phone lol.

Chrome no longer supports flash use explorer or dolphin

Tried using Flash Fox today, but it doesn't like my processor. Took several minutes to load a page, it it even got that far. Bah.

Wouldn't be a big problem if people just posted the link also

Hi guy, firstly i'dlike to mention I'm a long time reader but never posted, in any forum in general,well, except for getting/offering help.

Now on with this bug; sometimes I cannot see medias in a post, even more the post it self is empty. Like the first post in this thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...-heated-altercation-batista-city-bus-3095731/

Can anyone help me with this bug?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies

Wouldn't be a big problem if people just posted the link also

You can quote the post and then copy the link, but that's not exactly fun on a touchscreen keyboard and with multiple vids.

You can quote the post and then copy the link, but that's not exactly fun on a touchscreen keyboard and with multiple vids.

Actually that reminds me about something else

I can't paste when making a post

Back