YouTube wants us to #EvolveTheDefinition of "Masculine"

Definitions aren’t really supposed to evolve. That’s kinda the whole point... they are already defined.

I’m all for treating people of all different walks of life with respect, and I have love in my heart for the weirdos, especially being one myself to a degree, and I hold freedom as a fundamental principle, and I’m open-minded about how other people want to live their lives, so long as they are not hurting others, etc...

... but I’m also not interested in brain-washing, or indoctrination, or compelled speech. Or having random people, youtube-approved or not, ‘evolve’ the definitions of words for me.

giphy.gif

Definitions evolve all the time, especially the subjective ones. Archetypes are static.

I completely agree that this push to obfuscate the gender differences is getting a bit out of hand, but I'm confident that women for the most part are still going to want the things they have always wanted in men, and the men who subscribe to the changing identity of masculinity are going to get stuck with the pain-in-the-ass women that the rest of us don't want anyways.

this is what happens when cats that grew up watching Barney singing "I am special, yes I am' become adults

a travesty, really

Good thing no one cares about what they think.

You do you, sherbros.

Definitions aren’t really supposed to evolve. That’s kinda the whole point... they are already defined.

I’m all for treating people of all different walks of life with respect, and I have love in my heart for the weirdos, especially being one myself to a degree, and I hold freedom as a fundamental principle, and I’m open-minded about how other people want to live their lives, so long as they are not hurting others, etc...

... but I’m also not interested in brain-washing, or indoctrination, or compelled speech. Or having random people, youtube-approved or not, ‘evolve’ the definitions of words for me.

giphy.gif

Well.. there it is

If they did manage to pull a fast one and change the definition, truly masculine men would just call it something else. Uber-masculine or something.

You can say a cotton ball is hard, but we all know the truth. They are still sweetboys. Nothing will change that.

To me this looks like applying feminist ideology to masculinity. Take a bunch of weird looking guys and tell them they're "real" men too, even if they don't live up to typical masculine standards. Men aren't sitting around whining that we're being falsely represented as too heroic and muscular in action movies etc., so how about leaving us alone?!

Last edited:
This is exactly why I couldn’t stand the newest Star Wars. Just feels like they’re trying way too hard to show us how bad ass women can be.

I found this on the homepage of YouTube:

Apparently, the men in this video aren't okay with the current definition of "masculine". They want to expand the definition to include effeminate, limp-wristed soyboys perfectly fine gentlemen like themselves.

I'm just curious what the 6'5", 275-pound-benching, 5%-bodyfat-having Sherdoggers' reactions are to this silly ass progressive, enlightened message.

read_Image.jpg

I'm all for people being comfortable with themselves and not being treated like shit. If you're a dude and you're not masculine I don't think you should be put down for it, just like women shouldn't be put down for being masculine, etc.

Masculine as a definition isn't simply a social construct (as seems to be implied), there are actual, scientific differences between men and women on a physiological level. "Muscles and aggressiveness" are more associated with men, and thus masculinity, because men are typically more aggressive and muscular than women (which is exactly how men have been able to subjugate women and treat them like shit for so long), that is how testosterone works. It's just science. That doesn't make someone - man or woman - a shitty person if they do or don't fit within the average spectrum of their sex and gender, it's just a biological reality in lots of/most mammals that the dudes are larger and stronger.

We can accept different kinds of people and treat them with respect without changing the definition of words, particularly words that describe biological traits. The definition of words changes over time, I get what this video is getting at, I just think it's silly and inaccurate.

If people can't see that there is an agenda to feminize modern males then you are flat out stupid.

And if people think feminizing males is a GOOD thing....then you should be punched in your dumbass face.

Males need to start pushing back against this kind of crap. STOP wearing skinny jeans and dying your hair and using a luffa, stop letting women control your ass, and stop thinking it's "normal and ok" for dudes like the Wachowski brothers to cut their dicks off and start wearing panties and makeup. The world is going crazy and I can't believe how ridiculous it's gotten already.

it's funny how much this angers the Sherdog Incel squad who proclaim themselves the proud defenders of masculinity and western culture.

If people can't see that there is an agenda to feminize modern males then you are flat out stupid.

And if people think feminizing males is a GOOD thing....then you should be punched in your dumbass face.

Males need to start pushing back against this kind of crap. STOP wearing skinny jeans and dying your hair and using a luffa, stop letting women control your ass, and stop thinking it's "normal and ok" for dudes like the Wachowski brothers to cut their dicks off and start wearing panties and makeup. The world is going crazy and I can't believe how ridiculous it's gotten already.
calm down, Jordan Peterson.

so this is the kind of unrestrained machismo we can expect from a guy who abstains from "luffas" huh.

Yes.

save me the trouble and go ahead and take your limp wrist and bitch slap yourself as hard as you can manage. thanks.

Also....you can buy testosterone these days. you should maybe look into it. that is if you haven't already castrated yourself and become Ms. Badseed since that's so fashionable these days.

Fucks sakes. Humans are animals. Slightly more evolved, but still animals. The big and strong and intelligent win more often than not. A bunch of gays guys can get fighting banned, make lots of bicycle laws, and even make the public turn on muscle cars.......... But they won't win this fight. Nature is going to nature.

Back