Yu Suzuki

cmw43

Bad Boys Club
@Gold
Reaction score
"Legendary Sega developer Yu Suzuki has admitted that he is actively looking into making a new Shenmue game, but stopped short of announcing any concrete plans.

If Shenmue could get 20-30 million from KS and another 30 from investors the game could totally be made. Maybe even for less tbh,just take ages in development.

But I think the most successful KS has been in the low 30miklion range, iirc. Star Citizen, right?

If Shenmue could get 20-30 million from KS and another 30 from investors the game could totally be made. Maybe even for less tbh,just take ages in development.

But I think the most successful KS has been in the low 30miklion range, iirc. Star Citizen, right?

right

I don't think Shenmue fans want the kind of sequel it's realistic they can secure funding for doing a kickstarter.

a new Shenmue would be an expensive game to make.. I'd love it if this happened though.

I've been waiting for them to bring out an HD compilation of the first two at the very least. Still never played the second.

i doubt that

The original was 70 mil iirc. We'll never see a proper Shenmue 3.

Doubt Shenmue is gonna need that much money now to be made.

Shenmue 1 was pushing the tech at the time to make a great game. Developers have figured out a bunch of things that have become standards in games now that weren't at the time of Shnemue...Which means cost should be way more down.

If he goes on kickstarter tho, it should launch on both X1 and Ps4...so it will get the most money from the people....Who knows maybe Sony or Microsoft would want it as an exclusive tho.

It would cost WAY more than you think. Just because you could use middleware for the quicktime events now doesn't mean it wouldn't cost 100 million to do something of the scope of that game. Tech is cheap, content is the expensive part. And a proper open world game with as much shit going on as they'd need for a shenmue game to work now would need a ridiculous amount of content.

At this point Yakuza has taken the spot of Shenmue...don't care for a third now

Thought he was talking to Sony about doing it?

Dollar short day too late. Shenmue was revolutionary at the time, but with all the sandbox games these days it would just be one of the crowd.

The most evil kickstarted game ever - fund it and then pay through the nose.

The original was 70 mil iirc. We'll never see a proper Shenmue 3.

Wow well there goes my hopes. The original Shemnue was something special.

I never got a chance to play #2 but at this point it seems like more of a blessing.

I would totally be fine with him going the independent route and it looking like 1 or 2. Shouldn't cost much then.

Back