Yushin Okami: "I have zero problems with the weightcut at 170"

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yushin Okami "I have zero problems with the weight cut at 170. I had to gain weight when competing at MW"

"Im not young, I can compete with the best and want to prove it against some of these young fighters that are ranked". "I feel I have much more strenght than most in this diviion".

Particularly asked for a fight with Cerrone or Darren Till. No way UFC will give it to him but I actually think Yushin would dominate both of them in the ground.
Im impressed by how good he looks in terms of conditioning at 170 and 36 y.o, but I also saw him much quicker in the feet and shooting in his last fights at WW

its great to hear that THUNDER rolling in. monster yushin fan,love his 30-26 fights

He’s ranked around with the Mickey Gall and Mike Perry’s of the division. I might like to see him against Gunnar Nelson that would be a good test for Nelson.

Yushin Okami "I have zero problems with the weight cut at 170. I had to gain weight when competing at MW" "

"Im not young, I can compete with the best and want to prove it against some of these young fighters that are ranked". "I feel I have much more strenght than most in this diviion".

Particularly asked for a fight with Cerrone or Darren Till. No way UFC will give it to him but I actually think Yushin would dominate both of them in the ground.
Im impressed by how good he looks in terms of conditioning at 170 and 36 y.o, but I also saw him much quicker in the feet and shooting in his last fights at WW

Give him Cerrone. Please.

its just so great to see him back and he won. and he got a better translator the other guy was faking it till he made it. couldnt understand much of what he said

He’s ranked around with the Mickey Gall and Mike Perry’s of the division. I might like to see him against Gunnar Nelson that would be a good test for Nelson.

haha Gall and Perry don't belong in the same ligue as Okami. Gunnar Nelson is another story, that would indeed be interesting.

Okami's dedication and talent will have him remaining a top fighter untill he's 40 or over. One of the few legit Japanese fighters of his time. He did not have the yakuza bribing opponents to take a dive against him I can tell you that right now.

Is it too late for Okami to get on finasteride at this point?

Okami is a stud for fighting a gigantic 205er like OSP. Hope he can have a good last run in the UFC.

So good to see him get another win in the UFC. Okami was my baby daddy before my actual baby daddy. :p

Is it too late for Okami to get on finasteride at this point?
yeah that boat has sailed. u cannot get what you lost. plus that stuff causes more problems than it fixes. shame, he had nice flow back in the day

So good to see him get another win in the UFC. Okami was my baby daddy before my actual baby daddy. :p
yeah bro i know your a fellow yushin fan cuz youve had that nice sig for a long time

yeah bro i know your a fellow yushin fan cuz youve had that nice sig for a long time

Yup! Been a fan for over a decade and followed all the highs and lows of his career. He had an impressive run in his prime. It’s good to see him back. That OSP match up made zero sense but at least he stepped up on short notice and made his way back to the UFC.

Lol @ bro.

Huge guy, 5-win run if not for the OSP 205 pound division short notice sacrifice to get back into UFC.

Feed Perry to him (or a grappling matchup with Maia)

Yup! Been a fan for over a decade and followed all the highs and lows of his career. He had an impressive run in his prime. It’s good to see him back. That OSP match up made zero sense but at least he stepped up on short notice and made his way back to the UFC.

Lol @ bro.
why LOL. ive been fan too for 10+ years. been a wild ride

I love Okami. He's had some epic battles in the UFC and elsewhere.

That said, he looks pretty bad at 170, not good for him. Just stay at 185 or go 100% for sub grappling. He's not passing a hydration test at 170.

As good as Yushin looked physically the fight style he adopted looked rather desperate not to stand or have any separation. I'm not knocking it too much you fight your style until someone breaks it I don't see a big comeback if you have to resort to panic wrestling from 1st bell.

I love Okami. He's had some epic battles in the UFC and elsewhere.

That said, he looks pretty bad at 170, not good for him. Just stay at 185 or go 100% for sub grappling. He's not passing a hydration test at 170.

I dont know how he looks bad lol. He looks and is in phenomenal shape. Probably didn't even cut more weight than his opponent in Lima. Okami was cutting to 170 for a Pancrase or Deep payday in Japan lately, I doubt he is killing himself for that money.

As good as Yushin looked physically the fight style he adopted looked rather desperate not to stand or have any separation. I'm not knocking it too much you fight your style until someone breaks it I don't see a big comeback if you have to resort to panic wrestling from 1st bell.
he tried the more fan friendly striker style, had some success hes focusing on his strengths now. i wouldnt want to be till cerrone woodley right now. may be even WB

Back