Yushin Okami: "I have zero problems with the weightcut at 170"

Yushin Okami "I have zero problems with the weight cut at 170. I had to gain weight when competing at MW"

"Im not young, I can compete with the best and want to prove it against some of these young fighters that are ranked". "I feel I have much more strenght than most in this diviion".

Particularly asked for a fight with Cerrone or Darren Till. No way UFC will give it to him but I actually think Yushin would dominate both of them in the ground.
Im impressed by how good he looks in terms of conditioning at 170 and 36 y.o, but I also saw him much quicker in the feet and shooting in his last fights at WW

Everybody is trying to call out a past his prime Cerrone Haha

:D okami thinks he can hang with ranked compitition. Most unranked ufc guys bust him up meek, perry, Griffin,e Dos Santos, jouban, matthews the only reason he's signed is that fight he threw to OSP to save a card.

Is it too late for Okami to get on finasteride at this point?
he was rockin a norwood 4 for the OSP fight so he wisely gave up the struggle and embraced the shaved head.
10191389.jpg

Would love to see Yushin Okami VS Perry Plat'num.

lmao at had t gain weight for middle weight my ass im a 170 walking around at 198 to 202 and yushin is 15 pounds larger than me lol

he fought my friend alan 2 times alan is a massive 185 walks around 235 out of camp yushin was a decent sized 185 as well yes he gained some muscle while at 185 but hes trying to make it as though hes walking around under 185 which is super funny

Okami is lean even at 205! I think its disastrious for him to even attempt to make 170.

What a consummate professional and expert weight cutter. Ballooned up to 205 to save a card then drops 35 pounds for his next fight (6 months later) to fight at a weight class that he didn’t traditionally fight at in his prime/younger days when cutting was much easier (I know he fought at WW after his last UFC run but still crazy to jump up and down while skipping a whole weight class.

ovince-saint-preux-yushin-okami-ufc-japan-how-to-watch-646661.jpg

REzfHviE.jpg

those of you talking about weight.. the guy said in the video that he had to intentionally try to keep weight on and bulk in order to fight at 185. he is naturally lighter and his cut to 170 is nothing to him.

those of you talking about weight.. the guy said in the video that he had to intentionally try to keep weight on and bulk in order to fight at 185. he is naturally lighter and his cut to 170 is nothing to him.

So he must have gave zero fucks and ate everything in sight to get to 205 and yet he was still relatively lean and passed for a legit LHW.

So he must have gave zero fucks and ate everything in sight to get to 205 and yet he was still relatively lean and passed for a legit LHW.
the things you can do if you dont ruin your body with diurectics and roids

Yushin Okami "I have zero problems with the weight cut at 170. I had to gain weight when competing at MW"

"Im not young, I can compete with the best and want to prove it against some of these young fighters that are ranked". "I feel I have much more strenght than most in this diviion".

Particularly asked for a fight with Cerrone or Darren Till. No way UFC will give it to him but I actually think Yushin would dominate both of them in the ground.
Im impressed by how good he looks in terms of conditioning at 170 and 36 y.o, but I also saw him much quicker in the feet and shooting in his last fights at WW

Definitely looks more intimidating at 170 for what it's worth

I don't want to see him against Till yet.
Give him cowboy and let's see how he looks against him, then we'll have a good idea how he stacks up with Till.

*Wouldn't mind seeing him taking out Mike Perry either.

Maia vs yushin sounds good. It would certainly be a good contest, maybe not a pretty fight tho.

They had an ADCC match back in 2007. Maia won on points. It would be interesting to see them compete in MMA.

Regarding his weight, he got on a scale for OSP and it read 203.5 lbs and he certainly didn't have a belly. He makes a cartoonish water cut to have a scale read 170lbs. Certainly dangerous, but he knows what he's gotten himself into.

UFC_Saitama_Mediaday_Okami_DojoDrifter.jpg

At his age I'd be very concerned with him fighting ranked welterweights, for his own safety. He seems comfortable getting directly to grappling which should work just fine against the lower level guys.

I'd really hate to see him getting KO'd

He would be a huge WW.
He would dwarf the ever living fuck out of woodley.

Would be fun to see if woodleys wrestling still held up given the massive size disadvantage

Back