Zabit has all the tools to beat Max

I have seen nothing from Zabit that would suggest he could win against Max... I don't remember his last fight to be honest. I saw his fight against Bochniak live and while he clearly won, it was very competitive. Before that, he beat random people.

He ain't ready for Max IMO

They're trying to get Max to move up to 155 so maybe they'll do some interim belt while he's gone, there's mendes,stephens,yair and a whole lot of other guys in the division left

Zabit should fight Yair Rodriguez or the winner of Mendes vs Volkanovski.

He is at least 3 big fights away from a guy like Max Holloway or Brian Ortega.

He ain't ready for Max IMO

They're trying to get Max to move up to 155 so maybe they'll do some interim belt while he's gone, there's mendes,stephens,yair and a whole lot of other guys in the division left

I think he'd have a chance but I don't think looking for the fight ASAP is in his best interests, another year and 2-3 fights tightening his game and building his hype would be wiser IMHO.

Zabit is still very raw, get back to me when he has beat some top guys of note.

Russian Lincoln would get John Wilkes Booth'd if he fought Max tomorrow.

LMAO, underrated comment:

40363961_245300706174698_7719041452464270750_n.jpg

On the contrary, Max should be be very comfortable through the entire duration of the fight.

Let's see it bef Max goes to 155.

Gonna need next level conditioning to beat Holloway, or be a vicious finisher that can get him out of there early.

Zabit is a great fighter but he doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Zabit is super talented, but he's a conglomeration of fancy moves, right now.

Holloway is purely tried and tested boxing technique.

i think i'd have to pick the guy with solid fundamentals and an insane win streak over the new hot prospect who's full of flash and yet to show us any substance.

how does Zabit do when he's being backed up consistently?

how does Zabit do when he gets hurt or he's down?

how does Zabit do when he actually faces a ranked opponent?

nobody knows this because Zabit has yet to face true adversity.

He does not have the cardio for 3-5 rounds of Max’s pace. If he is lucky, he could win the first round like Aldo.

Finally, the first Zabit thread post UFC 231.
Zabit is another interesting fight down the road, the man is 2-3 fights away from a title shot.

Zabit is super talented, but he's a conglomeration of fancy moves, right now.

Holloway is purely tried and tested boxing technique.

i think i'd have to pick the guy with solid fundamentals and an insane win streak over the new hot prospect who's full of flash and yet to show us any substance.

how does Zabit do when he's being backed up consistently?

how does Zabit do when he gets hurt or he's down?

how does Zabit do when he actually faces a ranked opponent?

nobody knows this because Zabit has yet to face true adversity.
Agreed, he’s only fought 3 times in the UFC as of now. I’m interested to see who they match him up against. Zabit vs Lamas would be a good step up for him.

He needs a few more fights to be a contender, but does have all the tools to beat max. Unfortunately max will probably be at 155 by the time zabit is ready.

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Zabit striking is good enough to not get destroyed early
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
I'm sorry, but Zabit doesn't have the gastank to go 5 rounds with Max. He was borderline gassed in a 3rd fight against Kyle Bochniak. His grappling game might be good enough to give Max problems early, but Max would stuff his TDs and demolish him on the feet in rounds 3-5.

I like zabit but its really hard to know how good he is against guys like bochniak and brandon davis. I just dont see him being able to compete with max personally i need to see him fight higher caliber fighters

Zabit looks great beating up lower level guys so we'll have to wait and see, but he too enjoys a cartoon like size advantage over his opponents. Its likely he won't be as impressive when that is squashed.

He's young and he's good at everything so its all on the table of course. Super entertaining.

Zabit must have pillow fists because bochniak had no fear against him and was passive as hell last night

Zabit has the skill set to trouble max but his cardio is un proven. He could definitely beat max in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back