Zabit has all the tools to beat Max

That fighr wont happen.

Max has to move up. He made weight but my guess is thats his last time.

Zabit is solid but he would be tired from 2 rounds of Max's pace. Still a great matchup...

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Zabit striking is good enough to not get destroyed early
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
Zabit ehh. Hype job

That fighr wont happen.

Max has to move up. He made weight but my guess is thats his last time.

He came in under the limit and looked good on the scales. There was a point where Aldo was struggling to make weight about 5 years ago, and he never moved up.

I'm not writing Holloway off at 145 just because Dana started running his mouth.

Thats not how fights work.

It is. Generally speaking, styles make fights, but it's a big step up from the lowest level of talent in the division to the top. Zabit has done nothing to warrant people talking about him being a bad match up for Holloway.

Plenty of guys look like world beaters on the regional circuit or against sub-top 15 opposition in the UFC before falling flat on their faces against elite competition.

So did Aldo, Cub, Ortega, Pettis etc. Doesn't matter. He has to be able to dictate either the striking or grappling and do it for 5 rounds. I just don't see it.

He’s definitely a dark horse in the division. Hopefully they give him some bigger fights

im gonna start ignoring people that start these kinds of threads.

It is. Generally speaking, styles make fights, but it's a big step up from the lowest level of talent in the division to the top. Zabit has done nothing to warrant people talking about him being a bad match up for Holloway.

Plenty of guys look like world beaters on the regional circuit or against sub-top 15 opposition in the UFC before falling flat on their faces against elite competition.

Hes 4-0 in the UFC with 3 finishes and one UD. To say he's going to decision with cans is complete bs.

Max doesn’t have KO power.
But he has doctor stoppage power.

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
Not sure why ZABIT won’t move to170 where he belongs

Disagree. Max has way better cardio and Zabit doesnt have the most power imo and Max has a great chin.
On the ground things could get very very interesting but let's see how far Zabit can go. He needs a few wins against top guys.

nah...
zabit is flashy, but hes overrated in terms of striking. his flash makes him seem better then he actually is. he's good everywhere. his boxing is not elite. his footwork is not elite either. wouldnt even saying its great either... its just good. like a 7/10.
Max has the best footwork in the UFC and he has his own boxing style that compliments that footwork. Max will be in and out of range and will barely get touched. Cant say the same about Zabit.

Zabit is the most overrated guy on Sherdog currently. None of his wins have been a dominant performance where it would suggest damn that guy is a future Champ for sure (like what many Sherdoggers proclaim). And it’s not like he’s faced a murderers row of opponents or even guys that anyone has ever heard of.

He’s a talented guy but he needs to improve his cardio/conditioning and tighten up his defense. How some people crown someone that hasn’t even faced anyone near the top 15? I have no clue.

I can tell this is true by all the top fighters Zabit has shown these skills agi....oh wait

Max obliterates him

Back