Zabit has all the tools to beat Max

I don’t get the hype with Zabit. Max tools him

Zabit is great but it seems like he is a 2 round fighter.
he got cardio issues

Let’s be honest here

- Max won’t have height / reach advantage
- Zabit striking is good enough to not get destroyed early
- Max doesn’t have KO power
- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
Lets be honest, Zabit have at this Moment no Chance against Max.
The most important think in the fight is condition. Zabit have not even the 1/3 of Max Cardio. So he have not really a Chance.
If he can fix that, i can see him having a better Chance than Ortega.

Suspect cardio too. Watched his last fight, by Round three he was struggling to keep it together
Very true, I hate when people make out like a guy who has beaten prelim fighters, deserves the next title shot and would kill the champion easily.

They never learn their lessons. we had this with Choi 2 years ago, best striker ever seen in UFC I was told by many on here, on a different level, would put Aldo out cold in 1st round I heard. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Then we had Ngannou, can never be stopped, Stipe is dead man, just hand over the belt. Ngannou would beat Fedor and Cain on the same night. o_Oo_O

We got the same about Kongo back in the day on here too lol.

Zabit is Russian therefore he is champion material on sherdog. This guy has proven jack shit against legit comp.

Can't wait to see him smashed so I can make a bunch of threads about it.

Zabit is the most overrated guy on Sherdog currently. None of his wins have been a dominant performance where it would suggest damn that guy is a future Champ for sure (like what many Sherdoggers proclaim). And it’s not like he’s faced a murderers row of opponents or even guys that anyone has ever heard of.

He’s a talented guy but he needs to improve his cardio/conditioning and tighten up his defense. How some people crown someone that hasn’t even faced anyone near the top 15? I have no clue.
All of his wins have been pretty dominate. Hell, he finished 3 of those fights in style

Who needs cardio. Zabit would finish Max whiting 3 rounds. If not within 3 rounds, I can see Max wining tbh. Max has insane cardio.

Let’s be honest here

- Zabit’s takedowns and trips are pretty good to get Max down and Zabit unlike Ortega can keep people down
you are right, he wont get destroyed earlt but he also wont make it to the 5th round before max fucks him up.. lets be honest here

People are fucking insane, homeboy is largely untested and we are crowning him some sort of giant killer.

Let’s be honest here

Super interesting matchup indeed. Let Zabit fight a couple more times before, but I'd be super damn excited if they announced that this will be the next title bout at FW regardless.

That said, while I agree that Zabit could likely fight success with his crazy trips and confuse max with all types of flashy and unorthodox strikes, one of the big factors here is Max's cardio. He looks like he can do what he did to his last opponents for days without breaking a sweat. It certainly helps that, against Ortega, he never got dropped or took any significant damage whatsoever, but still.

I am curious to see Zabit in a 5 round fight, and how fresh he looks in the later rounds. In my opinion, this is a major factor for anyone fighting Holloway.

you are right, he wont get destroyed earlt but he also wont make it to the 5th round before max fucks him up.. lets be honest here
Not if he grapple fucks Max first

LOL Holloway would dismantle him so bad that it would look funny.

Zabit gassed beating on a punching bag in 3 rounds.

Max will walk him down, box him up, taunt him, make him panic wrestle then finish the fight.

But Zabit won't get to a title shot, Michael Johnson will expose his subpar boxing.
I agree that he would gas against max but he would sub mj

It is. Generally speaking, styles make fights, but it's a big step up from the lowest level of talent in the division to the top. Zabit has done nothing to warrant people talking about him being a bad match up for Holloway.

Plenty of guys look like world beaters on the regional circuit or against sub-top 15 opposition in the UFC before falling flat on their faces against elite competition.
For real holloway just looked better against ortega then zabit has looked against brandon davis or bochniak. That says something.

Back