Zack Mwekassa vs. Saulo Cavalari Announced For Light Heavyweight Title At

Love the match up. This is a KO for sure.

LHW stoot still for to long. Illunga and bouzidi are in line as well. Great and exciting match ups.

Ps. Cavaleri did so good against spong. Remember?

Rooting for Mwekassa though I'm always for the boxer and he's really exciting kinda like a better boxing but less kickboxing experienced version of Manhoef
What are you watching kickboxing for then?

Holzken vs Daniels... Mwekasa vs Calvari...

Nope... I want RvR vs Sittichai !

LW is only worldwide strong division in Glory right now :(

What are you watching kickboxing for then?

I like all of striking I just like boxing the most and my favourite kickboxers or MT fighters all use their hands a lot. i mean why wouldn't I watch kickboxing? I could say the same things about those who prefer the leg techniques and ask why they don't watch Kyokushin or something like that

Last edited:
I want Mwekassa to win but honestly I wouldnt bet on it.
Mwekassa's boxing career has often looked like the Cavalari fight.

While he was never elite he was a high level journeyman and not a paid victim but his chin and cardio have often been his downfall and he often crumbled in fights where he didn't see immediate results and gets stopped.

Rewatching the fight Cavalari did ok defensively and managed to deny mweakssa the range he needed and clinched once Mwekassa got close.

I can't find the whole fight but watch it and you'll see what i mean. Shades of Overeem, this was basically Overeem vs Bigfoot:

[YT]fXXy6ngaamc[/YT]

Really though I'd argue Mwekassa is perhaps better suited for kickboxing just as someone like Hunt was. He doesn't have Hunts chin but it is naturally a mor eopen sport where his kind of aggression can have more success as well as being less of a test cardio wise.

Holzken vs Daniels... Mwekasa vs Calvari...

Nope... I want RvR vs Sittichai !

LW is only worldwide strong division in Glory right now :(

Agreed. Sooo many people on here and twitter are clamoring for it. It should have been the first thing they made. I get it from a strategically standpoint, a lot of people will be watching so they need to be like 'hey we have a LHW division' but if you want MMA fans and new fans to watch your product you put on RVRs title fight. You fan argue RVR has a bigger name then either of these guys. That dude wouldn't even be known if it wasn't for the KO of pat Barry that gave him a major push. Good for him, I'm not dissing the guy but for real. Put on the best fights.

Moreover, Ilunga beats Cavalari. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDstLBQA90

As much as I like the Stoica brothers, I don't think Andrei has what it takes to become the absolute best in that weight division.
Bogdan on the other hand seems to have loads of potential, but meh I don't know honestly.

Cavalari has developed himself into a great fighter, I just hope that he won't walk into one of those Mwekassa bombs.
And I can assure you that Mwekassa has a completer game then you guys might think, he has also been at Hemmers gym developing his allround kickboxing skills.

Zuravlev? Doesn't he fight at heavyweight?

There's no substitute for speed and Cavalari has very good speed. Mwekassa has scary power, but he need to be able to land his shots. If he can it's good night Irene, if not Cavalri wins on points or with a KO like last time.

Mwekasse is always fun though as in the few fights he had, he always scored viscious and wicked KO's.

Back