Zak and Clint should have gotten the wild card

mohawk6r

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Clint arguably won a round from the bottom and elbows in the clinch, while Bubba did nothing in his fight despite fighting a worse opponent.

Zak won round 1 in my opinion, based on winning the standup, a submission attempt and doing more damage in the GnP department. Both he and Daniels spent about equal amounts of time in top control. He also tagged Daniels in the second before getting over aggressive and getting taken down. In any case he did way more then Kevin in his fight, even though Kevin faced a worse opponent who played into Kevin's supposed strength, the ground game.

I agree completely man.....I would have chosen the person who performed the best and that was not Bubba. I remember yelling at the tv during his fight, you train with a world champion to fight like that.

Yeah, I agree those 2 should have been the WCs. I wouldn't be surprised if they fight each other at the Finale.

I really wanted to see Clint fight more. I think he has a lot of potential.

I would chose Casey over Zac. Cummings spent like 70% of the fight laying on his back and failing to do anything, against a guy, who's probably mostly a striker.

I agree! I can't believe this Bubba character gets another chance! He is undeserving of another shot! Clint would whooop Bubba's butt! And what was Sonnen thinking!? Zak I thought he could have done more and deserved another chance...

I agree completely man.....I would have chosen the person who performed the best and that was not Bubba. I remember yelling at the tv during his fight, you train with a world champion to fight like that.

Even though I really disagree with Jone's choice, given that he was in a spot and and felt that he had to choose his teammate. I really don't get why Sonnen chose Kevin, especially the way he did it without a second thought or hesitation.

images

I think Zak having no ability to even think about getting up weighed heavily in Chael's decision.

I would chose Casey over Zac. Cummings spent like 70% of the fight laying on his back and failing to do anything, against a guy, who's probably mostly a striker.

He showed much more talent & potential, and did much more damage in that 30% of the fight that he wasn't on his back, then Casey did in his whole fight. Which, by the way, was fought to his strong point grappling.

Neither Zak or Casey did much of anything in their fights.

Zak was in top control for half the first round, icluding some dominant position not just laying in his opponents guard. He had some very effective GnP and did quite a bit of damage. Went for a submission, which his opponent admitted to almost tapping too. And won the brief stand up exchanges in both rounds. cassey did....nothing!

The first round was close in that fight, and he got lnp'ed in the 2nd round. What in the hell did Casey do? He's supposed to be a BJJ expert, but what did he do on the ground? Hell, I thought his cuts alone would have prevented him from getting a wild card spot.

No way in hell did Bubba earn that wildcard slot, he got soundly outworked and finished by Kelvin, hopefully King Casey rolls this guy up.

No way in hell did Bubba earn that wildcard slot, he got soundly outworked and finished by Kelvin, hopefully King Casey rolls this guy up.

I really hope so man, but all these Sherdog guru conspiracy theorists are talking about Casey being in an ambulance, so I really don't know. Although they were right about Bubba losing to Kelvin from a commercial.

I agree...bubba doesn't deserve shit. He's overrated. I really hope I get to see him lose again.

I agree. Zac looked pretty bad. I would have chose Casey as well but I'm right there with those thinking Clint should have gotten the nod over Bubba for his performance. Bubba looked horrible.

I can understand Jones point of view that Bubba's been at it a lot longer and Clint has a long career ahead of him. On the other hand, the fact Bubba has so many fights and never even sniffed the UFC shows he probably just doesn't belong there.

Someone from the dang prelim's should have got a shot at the wildcard if we are going just off if how well the losers looked in their first round fights.

Zak looked like he was just riding out the til the end of each round..looked bad. And Casey? was too worried about his cut instead of trying to win his fight.

They shoulda been honest about 2 most deserving and gave it to Clint and Bubba..even if bubba is a better talker than fighter, he fought better then chaels two guys

Back