Zambidis announced his retirement

Takis83

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Today Mike Zambidis announced his retirement at his Facebook official Page.

On May 9th he will fight against Erkan Varol in Cyprus and he will end his carreer in Athens on June.

Read the announcement

"Thank you very much for being by my side all these years, supporting me with your love and positive energy.
After 24 years, it's time to close my fighting career and give my last two fights.
On May 9th in Cyprus and in Athens in June.
After 177 bouts, 154 wins and 87 knock outs, the experience, knowledge and lessons taken by kick boxing and championship are countless and priceless, some of them that I learned is to dare to dream and succeed in what the others planned that I cannot manage, I learned to invest fear and stress in victories and joy, I learned that when I fall, it's a chance to rest for a while and get up even stronger, experienced and angry to fight for my dreams, I learned that the best defense is forecast, that I can fight with beasts and with the right strategy and training, to knock down them in the ring, that depending on the motivation, the sacrifice is weakened, I learned that with vision, faith, patience, perseverance, discipline and abundant love I can make my wildest dreams come true.
The way was not easy, but this way cultivated me this way of thinking and instincts so I can scramble harder in the ring with the best athletes in the world, winning 15 world titles, always coming out with the Cross and the Greek flag on my chest, representing with pride and respect our country, our culture, our heavy history and what we stand for.
I am looking forward to having you by my side and giving these last two fights in the ring together.

With respect
Iron Mike Zambidis
"

one of the most entertaining guys out there and he had a great career. i wish him the best and hope i can watch his last fights

Hard to see one of your favorite kickboxers ever retiring.

I wish the best for him and his family.

I hope he finds peace in retirement and a great future.

Sad to see him go. Very entertaining and vicious power. All the best to him and his family.

Sad to see him go, but I think its a right decision. All the best, Mike!

Awesome career Zambidis, those flying knees in the pocket were fun to watch. Wish you all the best, you and your family :)

fighting a turk...in cyprus...for you last match. i see what you did there mike lol.

in all seriousness, hope he has a good life after fighting. dude was always exciting to watch

Hey guys. Just to know. Iron Mike Zampidis does a comeback and debut in Boxing 2019 in Germany. More info at his instagram. And also a second fight at Greece.!

So many memorable fights. Better to retire he doesn't need to experience any more wars he had enough.

Back