Zebra Home Mat

Johnno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair of these? Do you recommend them? Are they fine for throws?

I'll be using two of them put together to make a 3m x 3m mat, will the two mats move apart? They'll be going on a really thin carpet. Will it help if i put rubber under them?

Thanks guys!

I have zebra mats. I dont know what the home mats are like, but the ones I have are about 10 years old and still feel great. They have a sticky material on the back of them that makes them stay nicely on hard floors like a garage. Not sure how they will be on carpet.

I have a Judo room set up that's similar to your dimensions. My usable space is 4m x 4.3m, so I was able to use 8 Zebra 2" Pro mats. I used this tool to decide on the optimal mat layout Swain Mats Designer.
There was small separation between some of the mats that was resolved by laying a wooden trim piece 4m to close off the only edge that could drift.
If your concerned about mat separation, just frame out the space with trim thats lower than the height of your mats. I went with trim 1" thick layed flat because my mats are 2" and didn't want to risk slamming a foot or anything else on it.

Thanks for the advice so far guys!

Dosen't it kind of defeat the purpose of having a roll out home mat if you have to make a wood border around them so they dont move?

Where can u buy 'mat tape' ?

Thanks for the advice so far guys!

Dosen't it kind of defeat the purpose of having a roll out home mat if you have to make a wood border around them so they dont move?

Where can u buy 'mat tape' ?

The mats I use never get put away. I didn't want tape gunk on my mats. If you need a portable solution and you don't mind having to use tape, this link will help..

I'm thinking maybe just using a bunch of 45lbs weight plates on each corner (like one either side of the corner) to hold the mats in place? I'm really not keen on having a permanent setup, have to be able to just throw it down and train - after all that seems to be the whole idea of these roll out mats!

Sorry, I thought you were getting the rectangular shaped, thicker heavy mats. Thats what I have. But I used to have Dollamur mats in my garage before I upgraded to these. They were the roll out type. You will definately want to tape them with wrestling tape. What I did was tape them all together so that we could roll them out as one large piece. We tried other ways, but nothing works except mat tape.

Hmm.. they sound kind of useless for any type of wrestling or aggressive rolling then!

Back