Zelda fan? Want to collect every title in the series? All you need is two systems!

Never played Simpsons so I don't know. But those games you labelled as notorious are only called hard by less able gamers and "popular" top 10 lists because those guys have not played anything but the mainstream games. They are easy. If you want to pick notorious difficult NES games, pick Battletoads, Silver Surfer, Contra without the konami code, Blaster Master, and the like.

Contra is still easy without the konami code. Just use the spread gun. The sequels were harder.

Contra is still easy without the konami code. Just use the spread gun. The sequels were harder.

Maybe for you lol. I found original Contra harder than Super C. Super C was about 75% as hard as Contra to me for whatever reason.

Contra force was not really contra, nor near as hard.
Super Contra was one of those games that I could blast through with little problem.

Different strokes. I know a lot of people say Super C is harder lol.

Maybe for you lol. I found original Contra harder than Super C. Super C was about 75% as hard as Contra to me for whatever reason.

Contra force was not really contra, nor near as hard.
Super Contra was one of those games that I could blast through with little problem.

Different strokes. I know a lot of people say Super C is harder lol.

Neither were that hard at all. I don't think the Contra series started to get difficult until The Alien Wars (on Hard anyway. Tougher and faster enemies, bullets, the final boss chasing you, etc)

They have all those for 3DS now?? Damn. Four Swords was my shit. Twilight Princess is the GOAT though. So good...

Neither were that hard at all. I don't think the Contra series started to get difficult until The Alien Wars (on Hard anyway. Tougher and faster enemies, bullets, the final boss chasing you, etc)

Alien War is what I meant when I said Super Contra. I found that to be easier. Homing gun + flamethrower = piece of cake.

Hardest is the only difficulty that should ever be played on any game :p

I thought about doing the same. I made it to Majora's Mask and tapped out. I couldn't stand that game. I felt rushed, didn't like the story and hated the time mechanism.

I've played and beat most of the non-portable ones but really wanted to beat all of them in a row and experience the new ones. Not happening.

Alien War is what I meant when I said Super Contra. I found that to be easier. Homing gun + flamethrower = piece of cake.

Hardest is the only difficulty that should ever be played on any game :p

Homing guns were garbage, lol. It's all about the straight one, "C". :D

As for DD3, I think people listened to the AVGN and that makes them believe that Chin is useless.

Homing guns were garbage, lol. It's all about the straight one, "C". :D

As for DD3, I think people listened to the AVGN and that makes them believe that Chin is useless.

The crusher wrecked bosses. But the homing missiles wrecked stages. It let you jump and dodge shots and flying baddies while holding the firing button and not needing to worry about aiming.

Yeah, AVGN was kind of a showman, but his opinions were not rooted in reality. Even when I was a kid, people complained "OMG, only 1 life in DD3" and then were confused as I got fat Chin and proceeded to punch my way through everything without the fancy flying kicks.

The crusher wrecked bosses. But the homing missiles wrecked stages. It let you jump and dodge shots and flying baddies while holding the firing button and not needing to worry about aiming.

Yeah, AVGN was kind of a showman, but his opinions were not rooted in reality. Even when I was a kid, people complained "OMG, only 1 life in DD3" and then were confused as I got fat Chin and proceeded to punch my way through everything without the fancy flying kicks.

Not enough damage for me :icon_chee. On hard, some of the regular enemies took more than a couple of hits. It's still a good weapon, just wasn't for me.

True. He actually likes a lot of those games.

lol ok koji we get it, you're amazing at video games, good 4 u m8

lol ok koji we get it, you're amazing at video games, good 4 u m8

Average I think. But the point is, they don't make em like they used to. It is not rose colored glasses. Today's games are annoying because they are designed to hold this generation by the hand

Average I think. But the point is, they don't make em like they used to. It is not rose colored glasses. Today's games are annoying because they are designed to hold this generation by the hand

Seems like it.

xW2jQMe.jpg

You win dude. If you're trolling or the gamer equivalent of the internet tough guy, bravo! Got me going. 10/10. And if you're serious it's not worth debating either since you're clearly part of the 0.1% of gamers who feels Double Dragon 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and fucking Punch Out are easy for a 10 year old. You're not representative.

If you're really comparing all games to Silver fucking Surfer I'm afraid you're going to be in for a lot of disappointments from here on out.

False modesty isn't very becoming.
Quit getting uptight because you love to believe the tabloids and crap reviewers like AVGN.

At least 1 quarter of my school who played NES in the 90's were able to beat TMNT, DD3 and Punch out. They are not hard games unless you have absolutely no pattern recognition. All 3 of those games are linear games in which it is impossible to not eventually go in the right direction. If you want to get into the 0.1%, you will have to look up games not on any of these trendy internet top 10 lists. Blaster Master barely ever makes these top 10 lists, and I guarantee it is harder.

Every time I hear someone say "Mike Tyson is impossible, he knocks you down in 1 punch!" I realize they used the code to skip to him because the 3 fights before him are actually far harder.

Every time I hear someone complain they quit at the water level of TMNT, I laugh since that is literally 5 to 15 minutes into the game.

Who cares about Silver Surfer? I am not comparing every game to that one. I don't need to. There are DOZENS of NES and Sega Master system games far far harder than those 3 you keep bringing up because of your tabloid game writers. I am far from the only person in the world who looks surprised when people complain those easy games are hard.

Last edited:
Fuck dude, I don't base my opinion on what people write about them. I'm older than you. I played those games when they first came out. Bought them with my own money. Never claimed they were the hardest games ever, they are very beatable, but they aren't fucking easy. There were tonnes of easy games on the NES, and those weren't it. They were well above average in difficulty.

Scroll up a few posts and read your own post.

The games I listed are by most folks considered to be in or near the top 10 of hardest NES games.

Sorry. I can think of at least 50 harder NES games and I have not played every NES game ever released. Those games were popular due to their names and availability, so they were played by more people. But they are far far from the top of the heap in difficulty.

Back