Zercher deadlifts >> YOU! (vid)

Tried them today.. :( Cudn't get there, I basically ended up doing the lift but with my forearms lol, cant get low /deep enough under the bar. Was thinking an oly bar would help~!? or at least big plates - I have a walmart esque home bb set, an the bar is rubbish (it's even bent from benching).

So i'm hoping i can slightly blame the bar for being tiny, lol, I am pretty flexible so was a bit frustrating cudn't do them properly.

^ Yeah, normally the bottom of the bar would be a little over 8" off the ground (if you're using an olympic bar and full-sized plates).

Since I first saw someone posting about Zercher Squats here a few months back I've been doing them, and loving them.

Granted I have a feeling people think i'm doing heroin now since they mark up my arms bad.

Does anyone add an extra lift up at the end of each squat? I just find myself doing the squat and then forcing the weight up with my arms afterwards, almost as if you were finishing off a shoot or double leg.

Tried them today.. :( Cudn't get there, I basically ended up doing the lift but with my forearms lol, cant get low /deep enough under the bar. Was thinking an oly bar would help~!? or at least big plates - I have a walmart esque home bb set, an the bar is rubbish (it's even bent from benching).

So i'm hoping i can slightly blame the bar for being tiny, lol, I am pretty flexible so was a bit frustrating cudn't do them properly.

Yeah. In that case, set the plates on top of something to get the proper height. I have to do that at home when I lift.

I figured I would give these a try since I was in the gym just messing around. Well I started off just doing z-squats with the bar to fell the movement. I then added weight to 115lbs I am weak and my max squat is around 250lbs. But it felt real good and pretty natural. But My abs were burning.

Then I decied I would give the z-deadlifts try and I thought at first they would kill my back. No, they also felt real natural and really get your core going. Even though I did light weight (135lbs) I felt like pucking. I also got some strange stares from the bench monkeys.

I figured I would give these a try since I was in the gym just messing around. Well I started off just doing z-squats with the bar to fell the movement. I then added weight to 115lbs I am weak and my max squat is around 250lbs. But it felt real good and pretty natural. But My abs were burning.

Then I decied I would give the z-deadlifts try and I thought at first they would kill my back. No, they also felt real natural and really get your core going. Even though I did light weight (135lbs) I felt like pucking. I also got some strange stares from the bench monkeys.

i suppose I don't. Finnegan makes me nervous.

Oh now, there's nothing to be scared of, he's a nice guy. Gentle as a lamb.

Just kidding Finny, HA HA.

Ha? Ha.

SS850167350x263.jpg

Back