Zercher Squats/Front Squats issue

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
Hey guys just a standard form correction question. I recently sprained my ankle 2 months ago and am now just returning to squating. I dont want to back squat with heavy weight just yet as my ankle still isnt 100%.

I've been switching back between the Zercher and Front squat.

However, I can't seem to perform them to the best form due to myself leaning forward too much during the lift. All technique videos I've found have the lifter staying almost completely upright. I just for the life of me can get myself the upright during the squat.

Any tips on how to improve this?

Cliffs TL/DR

1. Hurt ankle
2. performing zercher/front squats instead of heavy back squats
3. can't keep correct upright form
4. tips?

Do you have a Safety Bar? Squatting with an SB is almost exactly the same as doing a Front Squat.

Hey guys just a standard form correction question. I recently sprained my ankle 2 months ago and am now just returning to squating. I dont want to back squat with heavy weight just yet as my ankle still isnt 100%.

I've been switching back between the Zercher and Front squat.

However, I can't seem to perform them to the best form due to myself leaning forward too much during the lift. All technique videos I've found have the lifter staying almost completely upright. I just for the life of me can get myself the upright during the squat.

Any tips on how to improve this?

Cliffs TL/DR

1. Hurt ankle
2. performing zercher/front squats instead of heavy back squats
3. can't keep correct upright form
4. tips?

Post a vid.

Back