Zercher Squats

HONOS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I tried them for the first time today and really liked doing them, so I will be incorporating them in my routine on a regular basis. Would it be better to do them instead of front squats (for example front squats one week, zerchers the next) or should I do both?

Also, I was feeling like shit for the last couple of days, but half way through my workout I started feeling better. When I walked out of the gym I was actually feeling pretty damn good. So I say squats > painkillers.

As you were.

i use them as alternatives for the other. i try to add 5 lbs to my 5 rep max each workout. if i cant, i switch to zerchers from front squats or vice versa. and excercise in general is a painkiller. i had a terrible headache a few weeks ago and thought about wussing out on my workout. i ended up saying fuck it, and lifting anyways. 5 minutes into it my headache was gone.

I alternate zerchers and front squats everyweek. That way never get tired of either.

As for the sickness and feeling better after lifting. Part of that is psychological and part of that is biological. I believe that your body porduces a chemical that helps you feel better after periods of stress, such as lifting.

I alternate zerchers and front squats everyweek. That way never get tired of either.

As for the sickness and feeling better after lifting. Part of that is psychological and part of that is biological. I believe that your body porduces a chemical that helps you feel better after periods of stress, such as lifting.

Serotonin, endorphins, and Adrenaline are the chemicals in question.
Good stuff on the Zerchers.

Back