Zercher Walks

ThinkGreen

Der Übermensch
@Silver
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0twNa1dDzE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0twNa1dDzE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Looks pretty sweet, thoughts?

Somebody here does these with a chain yoke. I've always wish I had two training partners to do carries/drags like this with.

I shall try these next week - it looks like good practice for Conan's Wheel.

Looks like a variation of a shield carry, i've done the same thing with a large tire with weights stuffed in it, looks of fun, it's good at getting the lungs and legs to burn.

Pretty sweet. I've also seen this done with an olympic bar that has weights hanging from the ends by bands, making it much more difficult. The same guy did OH carries with that setup, too, and I'm thinking I'm gonna have to try it.

I'd love to do some heavy Zercher Walks.

As a finisher I like a high rep circuit holding a heavy bag
  • Zercher Walking Lunge
  • Zercher Step-ups
  • Zercher Box Squats

Looks like fun. I'm not sure if I think it'd be better than just a sandbag/heavybag carry though. Of course it's a good variation for those who don't have a bag.

Looks like fun. I'm not sure if I think it'd be better than just a sandbag/heavybag carry though. Of course it's a good variation for those who don't have a bag.

Zercher walks can accommodate a much larger load than a sandbag or heavy bag.

*Gazes into crystal ball and begins to channel the future*

finnegan said:
I saw this thread in the morning and thought it was a good idea, so I went out to try these. I walked 30 yards with 405 lbs, and it wasn't quite painful enough. Instead, I decided to go for a 40min zercher jog followed by interval zercher sprints.

Zercher walks can accommodate a much larger load than a sandbag or heavy bag.

I thought about that. I was thinking since it's essentially a functional exercise anyway, you might as well get the benefits of the unwieldiness of the bag as well. Of course I'm not looking at it from a strongman competitor's POV. I can see how the bar might be more applicable to some of those events such as the Conan's wheel that someone mentioned.

Back