Zerchers squats and snatch-grip deadlifts

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
opinions on these moves?

I just started doing both to break up my stale lower body routine and they're pretty nasty. Glutes and hams are usually torched and the snatch grip hits the upper and middle back nicely.

I'll probably stick with them for a month or so and see how strong I can get at them.

What other moves do you guys do to freshen up your routines? Overhead deadlifts?

Overhead deadlifts?
Terry-Crews-WTF.gif

overhead deadlift is an old school term for pull ups

@SexyMahnaz might be able to give some tips on Zercher stuff he does a lot of it

I can Zerchers more than I can front squat, dunno if that's proper or not

I like weighted floor pushaways.

Hanging Handstand Squat Presses for total body.

Don't know anything about zercher squats, other than they have been recommended by bodybuilders, but I know a decent amount about the snatch grip deadlift. It's really good for building up your traps and upper back, but I wouldn't use it as an accessory lift for deadlifts. I only trained that lift to work on my first pull in the snatch. It's not a great power or strength movement compared to regular deadlifts.

I would do something like deficit deadlifts instead. You'll get a better transfer to the main lift.

It was the same for me. I zercher squatted 400 before I front squatted 350

Same, I've only just started trying to FS but it's still miles away from my max zercher.

I think zerchers are awesome for a lot of reasons - you can go heavy, they carry over well into deads, very hard on the core and quads in a good way & they're easy to do esp if you have average mobility.

Same, I've only just started trying to FS but it's still miles away from my max zercher.

I think zerchers are awesome for a lot of reasons - you can go heavy, they carry over well into deads, very hard on the core and quads in a good way & they're easy to do esp if you have average mobility.
I think the Zerchers is More forgiving to some front lean than the front squat is

Don't know anything about zercher squats, other than they have been recommended by bodybuilders, but I know a decent amount about the snatch grip deadlift. It's really good for building up your traps and upper back, but I wouldn't use it as an accessory lift for deadlifts. I only trained that lift to work on my first pull in the snatch. It's not a great power or strength movement compared to regular deadlifts.

I would do something like deficit deadlifts instead. You'll get a better transfer to the main lift.
IM not using them as an accessory, I've replaced deadlifts with them in my push-pull routine. I was doing sumo, then conventional, now these

ed zercher was really bored with the conventional lifting

zercher-squat-wie-wann-warum-ed-zercher.jpg

Snatch Grip Romanian deadlifts have been amazing for my posterior chain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back