Zero Tolerance

D Train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Zero Tolerance knives? I'm considering getting the 3050.

I'm buying one soon. I do know they're BA knives and are real heavy duty. I've got the military folder with the partially serrated blade on hold.

My only concern is that the 3050, which is one of their "smaller" knives, seems heavy and I wonder if it's too big to EDC.

I saw the words stainless steel and blood groove in the description of one of their knives, both red flags in my book but I wish you luck. Let us know how you like it.

The steel is S30V which is a pretty good steel. I haven't seen anything about a blood groove.

Zero Tolerance makes beastly knives. They are affiliated with Kershaw/Ken Onion/Strider knives. If you are looking for a larger knife and have the $$$ they are well worth it. I have the 3050 but rarely use it, for me the Kershaw Rake is the best knife on the market under $300.

I have a ZT0300 and it's probably my favourite knife. Great quality, pretty good price and it's a tank. The sound it makes when opened is pure joy...

Why do you rarely use the ZT?

The Rake is thinner and fits in my pocket better. The ZT has a permanent home in my Shit Hits The Fan/bug out bag.

Its a great knife and I tend to abuse knives so I'd rather abuse a $150 Rake than a $300 ZT. Rakes are amazing, if you're considering a ZT you should check out a Rake. Same Speedsafe action, amazing steel, and a thin, plain but very functional handle.

Cold Steel for me, I have a recon scout.

I have a kershaw blur, similar blade shape and seems to me to be a smaller zt knife.

My Kershaw Cryo is my favorite EDC. I suppose if the the 0350 is too big or heavy to carry, I can use it for camping.

There's a size comparison-pic of the ZT0300 and the Cryo in the EDC knife-thread, the 0350 is slightly shorter/smaller, a lot thinner and lighter. Depending on your outfit the 0350 is probably okay for EDC...
The Zero Tolerance customer service is outstanding btw.

EDC an 0350 for about 2yrs now. Mine is ZDP-189 steel, needs sharpening every couple of months but great knife overall.

In all my experiences with knives (I've owned a ton) ZT and Kershaw are stellar knives. The price v.s value is excellent so if you are looking for one I would get it.

Not sure if ZT has it also but Kershaw has free lifetime sharpening-- you pay to ship it and they pay to ship it back. If you get one of the slightly more expensive blades with good steel they finish with a very hard smooth Arkansas stone by hand for an extremely sharp edge that is sharper than the factory finish.

I have a 0350 that I de-assisted. I never found it too large for edc.

Why did you mod it, Sonny?

Because knife laws in Canada are a huge grey area and for the most part, anyone I showed the 0350 to thought it was an "auto" or a "switchblade." So I took it apart and removed the spring. If I need to deploy it quickly, the flipper does a fine job even without the spring but if I'm around a bunch of sheeple, I'll slowly deploy the blade using the thumb stud. It's a great, stout blade though. You won't be disappointed.

Cool, thanks. Didn't realize you were from Canada.
If I get it I'll post some pics and write a review.

Back