Zeus Deportes Custom 16oz. Lace-Up Grant-Style Training Glove Review

I had a pair of Grant gloves where the colour ran as well; red colouring on the white of the glove and laces ended up completely dyed red, so I feel like that almost makes yours more legit somehow.

lol. I can confirm this. when I post comparison pics with my zeus and grants, you'll see the color bleed on the grants.

Gloves are still holding up after much use/abuse. Padding is solid. I am fairly confident that these will last well over a year with continued regular use.

The foam at the fingertip has started to come apart bit-by-bit, but it's fine. Little pieces of it will fall out of the glove when I take them off, but they are sewed on separately from the rest of the glove and so don't compromise the integrity of the glove. As I thought, the material is a thin layer of grey foam.

Just placed an order on a second pair of gloves with Scarphe.

The original pair have been going strong. The lining in the right glove has started to come undone, but it doesn't affect the performance at all. The gloves feel great and don't even feel like they're 19oz.

The pair I just ordered will mainly be for sparring. They will have the same padding as the stock gloves except with custom colors. So pretty excited for those...

Peace!

Man, I really wanna try these, but I'm working through a bicep tendon tear and as of now only gel gloves have mitigated the pain (fighting sports s2 gel gloves). I donated my Zepol because the pain was pretty bad

@hangulmalmotayo

What kind of padding options are there for these gloves? Is this something that I should maybe pick up after surgery/rehab (this summer)?

Btw, despite weight issues with a lot of Mexican bowing brands, their design and weight distribution can make the gloves feel more normal in my experience. Conversely, a glove like TU DA is noticable when off weight because the design is front loaded, my opinion

Man, bicep tendon tear. That sounds painful. Did you get it boxing? Is it the amount of shock from the glove that causes pain?

I really like the gloves. I wouldn't say that there's anything absolutely spectacular or flashy about them, they're just really good, solid workhorse gloves. I like them a lot and I think they'll last me a long time.

In terms of padding options, I would talk to @scarphe. He's offered different options and I asked for a denser pair for the first one and the 'standard' Grant padding for the second pair. He's offered softer padding—I don't know if that's what you're looking for...

Hope that is somewhat helpful.

Just another brief update:

I've had the gloves for a little less than two months now. They are holding up great and they still feel great. No indications of the padding giving way and I've really gone hard on the bag with these. So that's really good. The liner coming undone on the inside has so far proven to be inconsequential. It's only on the bottom side (i.e., pinky side) of my hand and doesn't affect how the glove performs. The foam part at the end of the fingertips continues to come apart, but it's not a huge deal to me.

I do feel obligated to say that those who have not yet ordered from Scarphe may want to hold off for a bit—at least until some other folks who have already ordered get their gloves. He's been very difficult to get a hold of lately. I have placed a second order and haven't really heard from him despite having contacted him several times in the last few weeks. I know there are two others who have ordered and have been waiting quite a while to hear back. I do think that Scarphe will follow through, but I don't know why it's taking him so long to respond to messages/inquiries right now. I will update when I hear something about my second pair of gloves, but for the present time, I would refrain from ordering just to be safe.

Last edited:
Just another update: I just got off the phone with Dorian. All is well and he has a good reason for being out of touch (family emergency). He is alive, so that's good.

I should be receiving my second pair of gloves sometime next week, so I will update y'all once they arrive.

Last edited:
Here are the gloves after three months of pretty heavy use. Fully broken in. A little dirty...

The foam padding remains sound. No indents or anything where my knuckles are. I really like these gloves.

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 10.17.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 10.17.38 AM.jpg

Man your name should be "The gloves destroyer" lol

Man only 3 months of uses ?!

You should be the official gear tester for Sherdog. Lol

Haha, they look extra weathered because of the color of the leather bleeding (I don't know what the term is). Apparently my second pair will have some kind of coat over the leather to prevent this bleeding.

The back surface of the glove looks a lot more rounded now that it's broken in if you compare it to earlier photos above. Before it was really flat in appearance. So though the padding remains firm, it's molded to the shape of my hand in some way.

Oncerning the bleeding before my emergency. occured i was looking at other potential suppliers that may not have that problem but i need to check the quality of them first

Oncerning the bleeding before my emergency. occured i was looking at other potential suppliers that may not have that problem but i need to check the quality of them first
No problem. The bleeding is not a big deal for me. Makes the gloves look bad ass.

If it works and lasts a decent amount of time, then that's all that matters...

Another update: second pair arrived today. I will post photos later.

I chose the medium rather than firm padding this time and it still feels like cardboard. It's going to be fun breaking these in...

Here are the gloves. New logo design. Personally, I like the old logo better.

IMG_4787.jpg IMG_4786.jpg IMG_4785.jpg

Man they look sweet ! You are right about the logo. The old one was way better.
I know but here there is a preference for more graphics
But if anyone wants a pair with the old logo they can be done actually thatmay be the default

Back